It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:13 am

Doesburg Walcker Organ - new version

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

zurek

Doesburg Walcker Organ - new version

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 2:44 am

When the Doesburg Walcker organ was recorded by Sonus Paradisi almost 10 years ago, it was a top sample set for that time. Today, I release a new version of this huge 4 manual organ. New sophisticated software tools allowed for better post-processing, and there were the dry channels recorded, but never used previously.

Since Hauptwerk has offered the convolution reverb, new life opens for the dry recorded samples. And I discovered, that it is a good idea to add a bit of the dry sound to the diffuse channels, the audio gets considerable presence and clarity. Therefore, the sample set is now 6 channel with the dry, diffuse and rear microphone perspectives. The Mixer allows for smooth blending of the perspectives.

The Doesburg v.2 is totally better sample set than what was the old version. It is incomparable. You can try and judge yourself, of course. There is a free demo sample set, and the 7-days trial full set sample set can be found on the Sonus Paradisi e-shop. http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/doesburg-demo/

There is a new feature introduced, which I will try to add to all my sample sets in future, and that is the Pipe Coupling feature. It is a huge step in the realism of a virtual Hauptwerk organ model. Read about it more details: http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/en/blog/pip ... henomenon/

When installing the sample set, do not forget to download fresh licencing packages from the Milan Digital Audio web!

Because there were new features introduced to the sample set, it is not fully backward compatible with the old version. Therefore, the combinations and settings saved with the old version may not be usable in the version 2. I am sorry. The stops previously saved into the Hauptwerk combination system should work in the new version, but the swell and crescendo pedals changed the MIDI wiring.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

smfrank

Re: Doesburg Walcker Organ - new version

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 7:58 am

zurek wrote:Because there were new features introduced to the sample set, it is not fully backward compatible with the old version.

Jiri,
Should we delete the old sample set?
Or does it overwrite?
Purchased upgrade and downloading now.
Steve
Steven Frank

zurek

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 8:15 am

The new version overwrites the old version. But you can delete the old version before installing the new, to save some HDD space.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

jazzali

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 8:24 am

If I understand it correctly, all SP sample sets will be updated? I'm very curious how this will work out for Caen: to me my favourite SP sample set!

Thomas344

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 10:14 am

How much does the upgrade cost? Or do I have to buy the sample set completely new? I feel very screwed on that one. Unfortunately, this is not clear from your page.

Grant_Youngman

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 10:22 am

Thomas344 wrote:How much does the upgrade cost? Or do I have to buy the sample set completely new? I feel very screwed on that one. Unfortunately, this is not clear from your page.

See this thread … upgrade is apparently under 50 EU.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19355
Grant

seh52

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 11:24 am

The new version overwrites the old version. But you can delete the old version before installing the new, to save some HDD space.

Does the new demo version overwrite and/or interfere with the old full version?

zurek

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 11:31 am

Yes, the new version (the trial is the same as the new version, only that the licence is temporary) overwrites (destroys) the old version.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

vpo-organist

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 1:44 pm

Do you know which Reverb does Aarnoud de Groen used with the Bach-Toccata (Dry+reverb)?

zurek

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 1:48 pm

It is written in the audio description (click the magnif.glass).
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

seh52

PostMon Dec 21, 2020 4:40 pm

Yes, the new version (the trial is the same as the new version, only that the licence is temporary) overwrites (destroys) the old version.

I use HW 4.2 to play the old Doesburg version. I am not going to get HW 5 or 6, so I can't install the new Doesburg version.
Is there still a way to install the 4.2 Doesburg Demo without overwriting and discontinuing the original Doesburg?

Jan Loosman

PostTue Dec 22, 2020 6:16 am

I have downloaded and installed Doesburg then i get the message when caching that i have to install the latest licence packages.
But i can’t download the packages the link seems broken, it won’t download.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 22, 2020 6:25 am

Hello Jan,

I've just checked, and the current licensing packages download properly for me:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

If you still have problems downloading via that page, specifically what problem are you having with downloading/installing it?
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Thomas344

PostTue Dec 22, 2020 6:32 am

I have great problems to install the organ. A decent manual would be beneficial. But unfortunately that has never existed at Sonusparadisi.

If you want to load the version (2 channels, headphones), you apparently have to load the demo version as well. Otherwise you can not install the organ (where is this actually described? Annoying!).

Do you then have to install the dry version, which you supposedly don't need, too?

Next step: I load the 1st file diffuse/rear.
But the 2nd file overwrites the 1st file and the 3rd file too. Which files do I have to load exactly? Also here a guidance is missing completely. This seems to be too much work?

After I just installed EVERYTHING, but now I have 3 organs to choose from: Demo, Dry, Wet. Do I really need all of them? Apparently yes.

So now I load the organ for the 1st time. What happens? Some license file is missing. Huh? How do I get the file? Why is nothing described here either?

It is frustrating!!!!!!!!
Who can tell me E X A C T L Y !!!!! how to load the instrument (2 channel) correctly? Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

mdyde

PostTue Dec 22, 2020 6:40 am

Thomas344 wrote:Some license file is missing. Huh? How do I get the file?

Hello Thomas,

Prior to installing any new iLok-licensed sample set, you may need to download and install the latest licensing packages, which are always available here:

https://www.hauptwerk.com/licensingpackages/

It never hurts to download and install that latest version, even if you may already have it installed. (The Hauptwerk user guide covers that, e.g. in the 'Installing/un-installing/upgrading organs, temperaments, or reverbs (the component installer)' section on pages 223-225 in the current v6.0.1 version.)

[I can't help with your other questions, though, since I have no first-hand experience with Sonus Paradisi's new sample set.]
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments