It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 pm

Licencing

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

David Baldwin

Licencing

PostFri Dec 25, 2020 7:25 am

I have purchased and received a code for v6. This morning tried to run Hauptwerk and it said my licence code was abopiut expire. But I purchased a licencing indefinitely. What can I do.
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

mnailor

Re: Licencing

PostFri Dec 25, 2020 7:46 am

Did you redeem the activation code in iLok and then activate the license? Does your new license show as Activated in iLok Manager, on your iLok dongle if you have one, or in your account if using iLok cloud?

Also, did you install 6.0.1 or 6.0.0, since 6.0.0 had a license problem? I don't know if this could be related.

micdev

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 25, 2020 7:55 am

Hello David,

I checked your iLok account and see that you have deposited your HW6 license in your account but not activated.

To activate Hauptwerk 6 you must surrender your HW5 license. Right-click on your HW5 license then click - DEACTIVATE Then right click the Hauptwerk 6 license and click ACTIVATE and follow the instructions. At the same time, deactivate your Hauptwerk 6 TRIAL license.

You will then need to "drag and drop" your Hauptwerk 6 license to your ilok dongle. If it still doesn't work, right-click the image of your dongle (left-pane) and click Synchronize

Merry Christmas
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

David Baldwin

PostFri Dec 25, 2020 8:03 am

Thanks for your reply. I have managed to find my activation code and it is now in a secure place. When I examined the iLok manager, I found the v6 activated for only a trial period. I had already returned the v5 code. Somehow I managed to get back to the iLok manager and now find two for v6, one of which was for a trial period. I have now activated that and I think I might be OK. Do I need to delete the v6 trial one.

Happy Christmas to you. I hadn't expected anyone working today
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

mdyde

PostFri Dec 25, 2020 8:07 am

Hello David,

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you have the v6 licence successfully activated now.

It doesn't really matter whether you deactivate the trial one, although you might as well, if only for neatness.

Have a good Christmas.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support