It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:23 pm

Changed audio streams when 96hHz selected

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

clemolo

Changed audio streams when 96hHz selected

PostSat Dec 26, 2020 10:20 pm

When I set the rate from 48kHz to 96kHz I get a message that the audio streams have changed. It seems to have dropped some audio channels.
I use a MacBook Pro retina with a Motu 828x audio interface. 4 stereo channels utilising 8 analogue outputs.
I generated a diagnosis file but don’t know what program can read it.
The display doesn’t indicate a polyphony problem and ram is only partly used.
Paramount 450 sample set.
Thanks for any suggestions
Ray Clements
Perth Australia

IainStinson

Re: Changed audio streams when 96hHz selected

PostSun Dec 27, 2020 5:03 am

Many interfaces support a reduced number of outputs when running at higher rates. From what I can see the 828 supports fewer output channels when running samples at 96K. You need to check with your documentation, the details are dependent on the version of this interface (mk 2 or 3...)
You could try the HW higher quality audio at 48K instead. This is a per organ setting....
Iain

mdyde

PostSun Dec 27, 2020 5:20 am

Hello Ray,

To confirm Iain's reply (thanks, Iain): yes -- many audio interfaces make less audio channels available at 96 kHz than they do at 48 kHz. (That's down to the audio interface hardware and its drivers; there's nothing Hauptwerk can do about that. E.g. ADAT allows twice as many channels at 48 kHz as at 96 kHz.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

clemolo

PostSun Dec 27, 2020 7:54 pm

Thank You Iain and Martin. Looks like a new interface require. I have had the 828 since 2010. I bought the it because of the thunderbolt connectivity.
Incidentally I had problems with audio glitches and loud crack sounds that I couldn't fix until recently when a firmware upgrade for the Motu 828 solved that problem.
Thanks again
P.S. I discovered the 828 has 2 seperate optical channels one of which was unused so I have been able to restore the original 8 channels with 96 kHz. The Paramount sounds amazingly better. Not only that I didn’t need to spend an arm and a leg on a new audio setup.
Thank you for your input
Ray

mdyde

PostMon Dec 28, 2020 4:21 am

Thanks, Ray. Excellent. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support