It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:48 pm

How do I download sample demo/trial files?

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Spharticus

How do I download sample demo/trial files?

PostMon Dec 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Hi - I asked for and was given a trial license for an MDA instrument. The license files are in my iLok account but I can't seem to download the actual .rar files for install. Where can I get them?

Thanks
Tim

IainStinson

Re: How do I download sample demo/trial files?

Spharticus

PostMon Dec 28, 2020 5:15 pm

Thank you - I'm going to check my searching to see why that didn't come up already. I found a lot of threads but that wasn't one of them.

mdyde

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 4:14 am

Hello Spharticus,

Thanks for the interest in the sample sets.

Just for reference, there's also a link to them in the 'Announcements' section of the forum here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17988

Trial licences work with their respective full sample sets. (No separate/additional trial versions of the sample sets exist or are needed.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Mcguckind

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 4:29 am

Hi Spharticus,

you are very fortunate, I have asked on3 times for a trial license of MDA Salisbury

on 2 occasions Francois replied that it had been forwarded, yet nothing happened.

How disappointing

David

mdyde

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 4:47 am

Hello David,

Thanks for the interest in the sample set and sorry to hear that you didn't receive it.

Perhaps the email that Francois forwarded ended up in your spam email folder? Or could it be that your original request accidentally had a mistyped email address?

Francois is very helpful and efficient -- if he said he'd forwarded it then he would certainly have done so.

If you definitely still can't find that previous trial activation code email (e.g. in your Spam folder), please do let us know, and perhaps we could deposit a trial licence manually directly to your iLok account instead (in case some intermediate email software is blocking the activation code email as an anti-spam measure, for example).
Best regards, Martin.

Spharticus

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Martin- I don't have an email notification either, I checked my spam folder as well. I submitted my request using the website form. I only know I have the trial licenses because I logged into my iLok account for another reason and saw them (thank you). So Francois was timely and helpful but no email. :D

Two related questions if I may -
1) From your comment above if I purchase the sample set I don't have to remove or reinstall anything because the license will be updated separately and the package files don't change
2) I got an error installing the Willis file 1/1, error 1233. I sent a diag file dump and a screenshot to upgrades at hauptwerk.com

Thank you!

mdyde

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 9:54 am

Hello Spharticus,

Spharticus wrote:I don't have an email notification either, I checked my spam folder as well. I submitted my request using the website form. I only know I have the trial licenses because I logged into my iLok account for another reason and saw them (thank you). So Francois was timely and helpful but no email. :D

Thanks for the information. In that case, presumably MDA currently deposits them directly to your iLok account (or at least Francois did on that occasion).

David -- for good measure, please also check whether the trial licences are already in your iLok account. (If so, you would just need to right-click on them to activate them.)

Spharticus wrote:1) From your comment above if I purchase the sample set I don't have to remove or reinstall anything because the license will be updated separately and the package files don't change

Correct.

Spharticus wrote:2) I got an error installing the Willis file 1/1, error 1233. I sent a diag file dump and a screenshot to upgrades at hauptwerk.com

(I'm not sure off-hand whether MDA still uses that email address, which if I recall correctly was for v4->v5 licence upgrades, so if you hadn't heard back from us, then probably your email wasn't received.)

Error 1233 will be given by Hauptwerk's component installer if it can't remove a file. Probably that will be due to a file/folder permissions issue, or a virus scanner (or similar) trying to scan a file as Hauptwerk is trying to delete it, or, if using a Mac, then it might be due to a non-7-bit character within a file/folder name in the sample set (although that doesn't apply in the case of the Salisbury sample set, to my knowledge). See also this topic:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19334&p=145161&hilit=file#p145139

If that doesn't solve it, please try forwarding your email and diagnostic file to support [at] hauptwerk.com, so that Francois can see the specific details. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.

Spharticus

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 10:01 am

I'm on a new Mac Mini (not the new apple chip) with 64GB RAM. I've installed many sample sets, including the Hereford trial from the same folder on the same day.

I forwarded the email to the support address

I assumed the upgrades email account was being monitored otherwise Francois wouldn't know to put the licenses in my account.

I just thought of something. I haven't had to do this before, but do I have to 'activate' the license in iLok before installing the files?

mdyde

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 11:17 am

Hello Spharticus,

Spharticus wrote:I'm on a new Mac Mini (not the new apple chip) with 64GB RAM. I've installed many sample sets, including the Hereford trial from the same folder on the same day.

In that case, it was probably one of the sample sets that you installed earlier that day that had a non-7-bit character in a filename/folder, which is 'stuck' in the temporary folder.

Try rebooting, then (before launching Finder), use Finder to manually and completely delete all files/folders within the following folder (but not the folder itself):

<your-Mac-account-home-folder>/Hauptwerk/HauptwerkSampleSetsAndComponents/TemporaryFiles

... then empty macOS' 'trash can' for good measure. [In order to be see your OS account's home folder, make sure that the 'Sidebar | Devices | <your-os-account-name>' option is ticked in Finder's preferences.]

Spharticus wrote:I forwarded the email to the support address

I assumed the upgrades email account was being monitored otherwise Francois wouldn't know to put the licenses in my account.

In that case presumably it is -- my apologies for any confusion. I'm not involved with those things myself. I'm just trying to help out here on the forum where I can, especially due to the Christmas holidays and so that Francois can get a bit of break too. Responses via email might possibly be a bit less prompt than usual, due to Christmas and New Year.

Spharticus wrote:I just thought of something. I haven't had to do this before, but do I have to 'activate' the license in iLok before installing the files?

Yes -- you do. A sample set won't install properly unless a valid licence of some kind (whether trial or full) is present. However, that wouldn't account for the specific error message that you mentioned (1233).
Best regards, Martin.

Spharticus

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 12:29 pm

Thanks Martin, a couple reboots, and activating the Salisbury licenses prior to organ install and I could install the 1/1 package. All is well.

I was not complaining about the email. Well that wasn't my intent anyway. I appreciate the support and your quick responses.

Looking forward to comparing Salisbury and Hereford!

mdyde

PostTue Dec 29, 2020 12:34 pm

Thanks very much, Spharticus. You're very welcome, and glad to hear it's all working now. I'll send Francois a message to let him know that you no longer need him to get back to you about that installation error.
Best regards, Martin.

Mcguckind

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 11:59 am

Hello Martin,

I sill have not received a trial license for Sailsbury,

no licenses were ever deposited in my ilok account

I will send another request to Francois

Although this is disappointing, Francois has always responded, helped and sorted things with great speed.

there but be a gremlin about!

David

mdyde

PostSat Feb 27, 2021 12:09 pm

Hello David,

Sorry to hear about that.

Yes -- please try contacting Francois again, and let him know specifically that you'd contacted him previously but didn't actually receive the licences. He's very prompt, helpful and efficient, and if there is some problem then I'm sure he'll be able to help sort it out if you let him know.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to Technical support