It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

licen[s/c]e mess

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

gecko

licen[s/c]e mess

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 1:03 pm

Help!

Windows machine.

I purchased a 6.01 upgrade today and got an activation code. Am trying to install on a new machine.

Typed in the activation code, was informed that I have to "surrender" the iLok activation first - and the pop-up kept looping with the same message no matter which button I pressed, so I wound up closing the window.

There's nothing called "surrender" in the iLok app, but I guess this is the same as "deactivate." So I did that. (All this is stored on my local iLok, not in the cloud).

Launched HW again, but it won't accept the same activation code since that's been used already. It let me press "try," but that turned out to mean "launch the trial version," not "attempt again."

What should I do now? (Aside from drinking, I mean.)
I still have a very small website
http://dustyfeet.com

mdyde

Re: licen[s/c]e mess

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 1:18 pm

Hello gecko,

Thanks very much for buying the upgrade.

Based on a look in PACE's system, I see that your v5 licence is still active. Does Francois' reply from this thread solve it?:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=19186&p=145341#p145341

micdev wrote:Once both licenses in ilok Manager, deactivate Hauptewrk 5 (if it was activated when you redeemed it) by right-clicking on it , select DEACTIVATE, then right-click Hauptwerk 6 license, click ACTIVATE (and follow the instructions).

(Either way, it would probably be advisable to drink anyway, given the day of the year.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

gecko

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Well, my mistake was more basic - trying to do everything on the local iLok rather than signing in on my iLok account. Once I did that, everything fell into place.

Thanks for helping with this, and best wishes for a better year than the one we have yet to recover from.
I still have a very small website
http://dustyfeet.com

mdyde

PostThu Dec 31, 2020 1:54 pm

Thanks, gecko. You're very welcome. Glad it was easily resolved. Have a good New Year.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Technical support