It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am

Metz Cavaillé-Coll Pre-orders begin!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

telemanr

PostTue Dec 11, 2007 2:34 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. I was sure the Recit shouldn't be on the bottom keyboard.

I went ahead anyway and fixed it up.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Dec 11, 2007 3:35 pm

Yes, there is an issue with the pdf file which I will be looking at shortly, I do apologize for this. I believe it has to do with how the font was embedded into the file. I am not quite sure yet why this problem has happened, but I haven't had time yet to look at it properly. If there is something in the guide that you feel you really need to clarify please let me know and I will get that info to you ASAP. We've been very busy with other things and with orders, so there has not been time yet to have a look at the pdf file.

I *think* if you do not scroll with the Adobe "hand" and rather use the arrow buttons to go to the next page it might display properly. It may have something to do with the movement of the page scrolling in real time. Again, I am not 100% positive on this.

Again please accept my apologies for this. As soon as I have an updated file I will post a link here and on our downloads page.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

telemanr

PostTue Dec 11, 2007 4:38 pm

Too busy playing to worry about the pdf. No big deal.

Stefanussen

PostWed Dec 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Can the Metz take advantage of wind model feature of HW?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostThu Dec 13, 2007 11:34 am

Hello,

All of our sample sets may be used with the wind system in HW. We'll be updating the Metz wind system in the near future to tweak some settings, howver for now it works fine as is.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Louis

PostFri Dec 14, 2007 6:25 am

Dear Brett,

How about the transit time to Italy? I have received the message of the shipping the first day you started delivering the sample set but it is not arrived yet.

Best regards

Daniele

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Dec 14, 2007 8:44 am

Hello Daniele,

Please be patient as this time of year the mail system becomes quite busy with the holidays and everyone shipping packages around the world. Customs are most likely working overtime to deal with all of the incoming packages. Under normal circumstances international orders take about 7-10 days, so this figure can be pushed up a little during this time of year. I suspect it should arrive any day now.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSun Dec 16, 2007 5:13 pm

Hello,

Just a note to inform you that we will be on vacation directly after December 25th (Christmas day). Any orders placed between Christmas and January 6th will be shipped on January 7th upon our return. Thus, if you would like to order a virtual instrument from our website and have it shipped before Christmas please do so before December 24th so we have time to get the orders ready.

Thank you!

Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

New Dubois demos

PostMon Dec 17, 2007 1:42 am

We've just posted some brand new demos from David Lines playing 6 pieces by Théodore Dubois on the Metz. Please visit the Listening Room page to check them out or click the links below.

Prelude in F
Chant Pastorale
Grand Chorus
Meditation
In Paradisium
Toccata in G

There are also some recently added Bach demos from the Orgelbüchlein as well as the Berceuse from Vierne.

Soon we'll have a special Christmas demo available, please keep your ears open for it!

Enjoy!

Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Stefanussen

PostMon Dec 17, 2007 11:15 am

Hi Brent, thanks for the new demos, they sound fantastic. Which manuals are enclosed? I'm assuming it's just the Recit? If so, is it possible to achieve a satisfying loud reed solo with a full swell accompaniment with the shutters closed?

Grant_Youngman

PostMon Dec 17, 2007 11:40 am

Stefanussen wrote:Hi Brent, thanks for the new demos, they sound fantastic.

They are wonderful. The Dubois Toccata has always been at the top of my favorites list in the "rip roaring, get the crowd pumped" category. Sure wish I could play it at speed -- maybe one day, if I live long enough :)
Grant

adri

PostWed Dec 19, 2007 2:23 pm

The sound of this organ is very warm and lush and full; very romantic indeed!

Couldn't help but hear a lot of pops and crackles in some of then pieces presented, as if it were playing an old LP; any reason for that?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostWed Dec 19, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi Adri,

I don't hear anything like you are describing, does anyone else? If you can give me a specific time in a piece that you hear it please let me know. Are you perhaps hearing the shutter noises from opening and closing the Recit "box"? Did you stream the file or download it first? Perhaps it was not streaming smoothly. I can assure you there are no crackles in the original demos or samples, so something else must be causing it for you. Also does it happen in quiet pieces or only on full organ?
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

erikds

PostWed Dec 19, 2007 6:11 pm

Adri wrote:
Couldn't help but hear a lot of pops and crackles in some of then pieces presented

Brett wrote
I don't hear anything like you are describing, does anyone else?

No pops or crackles in any of the Metz CC demo's here.

They are simply "une merveille".

"Chapeau" to the sample makers and the organist alike.

Erik.

telemanr

PostWed Dec 19, 2007 6:33 pm

Stefanussen wrote: Which manuals are enclosed? I'm assuming it's just the Recit? If so, is it possible to achieve a satisfying loud reed solo with a full swell accompaniment with the shutters closed?

The Recit is the only enclosed division.

The GO Trompette can be heard above the full Recit (including reeds) when the box is closed. Leaving the Recit reeds out and it is more pronounced. But whether or not it is loud 'enough' is a matter of taste. Adding the GO Bombarde 16 and/or Clarion 4 certainly makes a difference.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments