It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:59 am

Metz Cavaillé-Coll Pre-orders begin!

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

telemanr

PostWed Dec 19, 2007 6:39 pm

I've listened to most of the pieces and haven't heard a pop or crackle yet. I wonder which pieces are supposed to have them? I would be nice to know rather than try to guess. I'd like to think I could hear a crackle if it were there.

Stefanussen

PostWed Dec 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Thanks for clearing that up, telemanr!

jmoboe

PostThu Dec 20, 2007 9:26 am

Could it be that the volume is too high and that your sound card is overloaded?

Jean-Marc

adri

PostThu Dec 20, 2007 10:53 am

B. Milan wrote:Hi Adri,

I don't hear anything like you are describing, does anyone else? If you can give me a specific time in a piece that you hear it please let me know. Are you perhaps hearing the shutter noises from opening and closing the Recit "box"? Did you stream the file or download it first? Perhaps it was not streaming smoothly. I can assure you there are no crackles in the original demos or samples, so something else must be causing it for you. Also does it happen in quiet pieces or only on full organ?

Downloaded a piece to make sure, and indeed, all extra noises are gone fully. Must have had something to do with the streaming. I will order this set, as soon as I convert some Euros I had sitting in a bank in Holland to dollars (a very advantageous exchange rate right now!).

Love to hear some demos with the Flute Harmonique, the Flute Traversiere, and Cor de Nuit, as well as the Basson reed.

It's niece to hear these lovely pieces by Dubois and see his name/fame resurrected. Also love to hear some of the more meditative pieces by Lefebure-Wely, as well as more unknown but great 19th century works.

I also wonder how well this organ does with harmonium pieces?

See e.g. this enormous collection of organ music, now in the public domain, for organs without pedals (including reed organs) as well as composed for "Grand Orgue" (with pedals), containing lots of great gems.

I think the Metz organ is very well-suited for them. The collection contains French and European works.

(v. 1-2, 4. École française -- v. 3, 5-6. Écoles étrangères -- v. 7-8. Grand orgue.)

Anyway, they have lots of great organ (and other) music on this website. Well worth it. I bought a special hand operated wire binding machine so I can print this rare music out and use it easily.

The link:
https://urresearch.rochester.edu/handle/1802/4424?mode=full

J# Minor

PostSun Dec 23, 2007 4:07 pm

B. Milan wrote:Thus, if you would like to order a virtual instrument from our website and have it shipped before Christmas please do so before December 24th so we have time to get the orders ready.

I don't need any better encouragement than that!

I ordered both Hauptwerk and the Metz C-C today. I'm really excited to begin my journey with Hauptwerk.

Stefanussen

PostWed Jan 02, 2008 1:44 am

Wow, I just checked the site, the sale is indeed gone, what really surprised me though was the double sale we got during the introductory period. I had assumed that getting the free extended version was the sale, but now it's $765 + $50 = $815 for the extended Metz. I'm very glad I got my order in before the 31st and got everything for $650.

dadams

• Location: Ellicott City MD; and North Beach, NJ...it all depends)

price

PostWed Jan 02, 2008 9:02 am

Funny, that was the first thing I looked up getting into the office today :-). Not surprised at the new price, though, if you compare to the TO.

Thank you Brett for providing that generous discount!!!

d
"Bach: his mind was universal, his heart was overwhelming, and his spirit transcends over all of God's Creation" Virgil Fox
Previous

Return to Hauptwerk instruments