It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:37 am

No volume control from emu 1820 with using multi-channels

Hauptwerk software technical support only. Please make sure you have read the manual, tutorials and FAQ pages before requesting support.
  • Author

Anton Doornhein

No volume control from emu 1820 with using multi-channels

PostMon Feb 25, 2008 6:41 pm

Hello everybody,

I hope there is somebody who can help me. I want to split the manuals and Pedals to different speakers. In Hauptwerk it seems everything is ok.
(asio 1/2 to ped, 3/4 to main organ and 5/6 to upperwork)
In the EMU Patchmix I created three strips with selecting Host source Asio out 1/2, 3/4 5/6. In this moment the signal isn't split yet, but it sounds over all the speakers. Until this moment I have the control over the volume.
Then I use in every strip the insert section and I select dock out 1L/R, 2L/R and 3L/R for the three strips with using 'insert send(output to asio/wave or Physical Out)'
From this moment the signal is split over the speakers (pedal speakers A, main organ speakers B etc.) but I also have no control over the volume and the main mix.
Is there something I did wrong?

Best regards,

Anton Doornhein

bcollins

PostMon Feb 25, 2008 6:59 pm

Is there something I did wrong?

Nope. That's just the way it is. You have to attenuate each strip separately.

You need to insert a 'Trim Pot' above the 'Send' into every strip.
Bob Collins

GDay

PostMon Feb 25, 2008 8:47 pm

Hi Anton,

Before using the trim pots, first set the volume on your ( 3 ) amplifiers playing only a princopal 8" (for instance), that will help to establish an even base volume level. After that you may find that using Hauptwerk, you need to adjust the Master Db for each organ, then ranks and pipes - virtual voicing.

Leo has written a lot concerning this procedure, and I've written a bit from my experience with the St. Maximin organ. Truth to tell, I haven't inserted trim pots at all (didn't know I could!), but they sound very handy as an "almost" master volume.

G'Day

Anton Doornhein

PostTue Feb 26, 2008 5:35 am

hello,

I have insert a trim pot now and now I can change the volume for each channel. Thank you for the advise.

Anton Doornhein

Return to Technical support