It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:29 am

To all the Freiberg's owner

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

micdev

Site Admin

To all the Freiberg's owner

PostWed Nov 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Just to make sure that everyone who bought the Freiberg sample set, as reported in another thread ( http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?t=3998 ) all the ranks have a setting of +6db in the Lo/HiEQ: high frequency boost.

In Hauptwerk, Organ settings, Pipe and Rank voicing, Lo/Hi EQ: high frequency boost; I see that all the notes of all the ranks even the noise “ranks” are sat to +6db. That is the case for both the original and the extended version.

Jiri have been informed and I guess that he will eventually release a fix. In the meantime, you can correct the setting by using the Pipe and rank voicing and changing the Lo/Hi EQ: High frequency boost to 0db.

You can change the setting for all the notes of the ranks by using the first left elevator. Don't press the RESET button since all the ranks will default to +6db once again.

Once corrected, gone are the harshness and lack bass, a much more pleasant sound.

Enjoy

François

Gert

PostWed Nov 26, 2008 11:51 pm

I checked it for the other versions (Wet, Surround).
Indeed, it is not only a problem of the Dry version, also for the other ones.

zurek

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 6:10 am

There is now update to all the ODFs to the version 1.02 where the bug of +6dB boost of high frequencies was removed. In fact, I knew that the sample set sounds too sharp, but I thought this to be due to the aliasing feature which sometimes occurs in Hauptwerk. For this reason, I attenuated the higher aliquots in the original ODFs to compensate for this effect. However, now, that I removed the bug of +6dB high frequency boost, I also removed the high aliquots attenuation in the ODF. Now, the proper balance was achieved.
You can download the new ODFs from this location:
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/organs/frei ... date.0.asp
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

micdev

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 6:59 am

Since I voiced/adjusted all the pedal ranks (to compensate for the dips/boost cause by the room acoustic), will I loose all my settings for these ranks when I install the new ODF?

Thanks Jiri for the rapid correction. Btw, what modification was part of the 1.01 ODF?

François

Gert

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 7:05 am

Hi François,
what modification was part of the 1.01 ODF?

Read better ;-)
See: http://www.sonusparadisi.cz/organs/frei ... date.0.asp

1.01: Manual coupler in the extended version does not work for the top 3 keys. Extended version of ODFs affected. Corrected in the ODF version 1.01 and higher.

I expect your settings are not lost (since HW 3). Martin can give a definitive answer.

Regards,
Gert

micdev

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 7:13 am

Gert, you're right... I should have browsed to Jiri's website before asking that question! Ok, to early for me... I will go get a coffee :-)

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 8:30 am

Since I voiced/adjusted all the pedal ranks (to compensate for the dips/boost cause by the room acoustic), will I loose all my settings for these ranks when I install the new ODF?

Installing an ODF patch will not cause you to lose any settings. It will only change the default settings for the high frequency boost that Jiri has corrected in the ODF. All other voicings should remain as they were.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Gert

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 3:24 pm

After installing the new ODF's you must call 'Organ settings / Reset All Voicing' else the +6db settings are still available.

Don't do 'Reset All Voicing' when you have also other voicing.

BTW I removed all my recordings of Freiberg from my site. Before I must listen if this patch is a great difference. When it is, I shall re-record all the pieces.

Return to Hauptwerk instruments