It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:33 am

PAB Pipe Organ Samples

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Csaba Huszty

PAB Pipe Organ Samples

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 12:53 am

Dear All!

I am submitting the first demo of PAB Pipe Organ Samples here.

A 92-stop symphonic concert hall pipe organ for Hauptwerk with more than 20,000 samples sampled at 192 kHz entirely.

First I submit some video on the graphics showing bit on how the custom combination action works.

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/temp/
(takes some time to download)

MORE DEMOS: http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/demos.php

All the best,
Csaba

Edit: List price: $899 (~EUR 700), Groupbuy: initial fee $99 remaining fee according to the participants, shipping 18 Dec. Details at

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/content.php?a=shop
Last edited by Csaba Huszty on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:54 am, edited 5 times in total.

Stefanussen

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 1:19 am

Hello Csaba,

Thank you for the video. It looks like you modeled the console in a 3D program and used that to generate all the images for the virtual console. It is by far the best looking Hauptwerk console I've ever seen. I like how you have rendered a graphic for every position for all the keys and pedals. Very impressive to say the least. I particularly like how the division labels are also divisional clear switches.

I am looking forward to learning more about this organ. The two things that are paramount on my mind are, of course, how the organ sounds and what we can expect to pay for it. If the quality of the samples is up to par with the quality of the virtual console, then I think Hauptwerk users will not need to worry.

As for the price, I went ahead and used adri's price calculations to give myself an educated guess as to what you might possibly charge for this organ. $10/stop would be ~$1,000 and $23/stop would be ~$2,000. Here's hoping we get an amazing sample set in terms of quality and price!
Last edited by Stefanussen on Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Stefanussen

Csaba Huszty

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 3:43 am

Thank you! Indeed, we completely re-modelled everything. I hope you will like the sound quality, too. What you have seen on the video will be priced at less than $10 per stop and there will be the introductory sales too for a limited time starting next week, so if there is a lot of interest, it will go down a lot, to like $5. Details coming soon, I am back to the recording.

gingercat

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 3:56 am

Hi Csaba,

Looks really good, can't wait to get my hands on it! I would just re-iterate though that it would be preferable not to show keyboards on the left/right jambs as it will look odd when placed next to real keyboards and just re-inforces the fact it is a virtual instrument.

Regards,
Chris.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

Csaba Huszty

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 4:11 am

Hi, thank you! The left-right pages without keyboards were created indeed, just as you ordered :) but are not shown yet in this video. They are named as "Left" and "Right" near the "Center". They have controls and indicators instead of the keyboards.

Fazioli

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 4:57 am

Hi Csaba,

I see the movie but I can't hear anything. Do You know what the problem is?

gingercat

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 5:19 am

Csaba Huszty wrote:Hi, thank you! The left-right pages without keyboards were created indeed, just as you ordered :) but are not shown yet in this video. They are named as "Left" and "Right" near the "Center". They have controls and indicators instead of the keyboards.

Wow, that's excellent news - thanks!
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4

Csaba Huszty

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 5:31 am

Fazioli wrote:Hi Csaba,

I see the movie but I can't hear anything. Do You know what the problem is?

Hi! This movie has no sound, official demos will come very soon.

Fazioli

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 5:40 am

Ok. Look's very, very impressive to me.. Can't wait hearing it!

Sander

PostThu Nov 27, 2008 11:09 am

Specs are great, it looks good, price looks promosing, but now we only have to wait for the most important thing, the sound!

Stefanussen

PostSat Nov 29, 2008 2:19 am

*sigh* still no demos. I'm dying to hear what this sample set sounds like!

I'm more excited about this organ after hearing about its acoustics. I really like the Conference Center organ here in Salt Lake, sister organ to the Tabernacle organ. The acoustics are much more subtle than they are in the Tabernacle since the Conference Center acoustics are intentionally dry. In contrast to many organists, I like how the organ sounds, and I'm hoping this organ will sound similar. CC organ is 130 ranks and this one is 92. Once you strip off some of the Wurlitzer and other odd ball ranks on the CC organ, you have a spec not unlike the PAB organ. I'm particularly excited by all those solo reeds. Anyone who's listened to my recordings knows I have a thing for fff reeds :)

I'm hoping to be able to coax a more musical sound out of it than Olivier Latry & Philippe Lefebvre's YouTube improvisation. I still have nightmares about that one...
Last edited by Stefanussen on Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rob Stefanussen

gingercat

PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:25 am

All this build up and we still haven't heard a single sample! Any ETA on some demos? Pleeeeease!
Regards,
Chris Blaylock

Fazioli

PostSat Nov 29, 2008 4:44 am

It takes a little long indeed..

telemanr

PostSat Nov 29, 2008 9:09 am

Stefanussen wrote:I'm hoping to be able to coax a more musical sound out of it than Olivier Latry & Philippe Lefebvre's YouTube improvisation. I still have nightmares about that one...

Boy you can say that again. What a waste. New Age noodling is what I call it. Much of Phillip Glass, master con artist, falls into the same category.

Rob Enns (curmudgeon extraordinaire)

Lougheed

Re: PAB Pipe Organ Samples

PostSat Nov 29, 2008 9:50 am

Csaba Huszty wrote:I am submitting the first demo of PAB Pipe Organ Samples here.

Except, it's not actually a demo!
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments