It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:41 pm

Audio system At Zion Lutheran Church

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

bcollins

Audio system At Zion Lutheran Church

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 1:00 am

As a refresher, here is the audio system at Zion Lutheran church - as of Fall, 2008

http://zionorgan.com/Organs/Opus1/zlc_audio.htm

The organ continues to be a work in progress, and the system is to be upgraded this summer to 24 channels. With any luck the Conn "Pipe Speakers" will be removed and replaced with new speakers in anticipation of the Great being converted to real wind blown pipes in casework on the rear wall.
Bob Collins

cknight

Re: Audio system At Zion Lutheran Church

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Bob, which D/A interface will get you to 24 channels? I'm still faced with a choice of MOTU 24I/O or the Echo AudioFire 12 to reach 48 channels. I'm leaning towards the latter.
Clinton Knight
Apex, NC, USA
http://ambassadororgan.wordpress.com/

bcollins

Re: Audio system At Zion Lutheran Church

PostMon Jun 01, 2009 10:52 pm

I'm still planning on the MOTU 24io. Call me old school, but I'm more comfortable with the PCI interface.

Although I'm a big fan of Echo, and I run an Echo MIA at my office for sampleset design, etc.

But I haven't completed my due diligence or pulled the trigger on the purchase. Selling off the spare Behringer ADA8000 is/was the first step. Then when I have the new audio system in place, the EMU-1820 and the ADA8000 that are in use will be put up for sale.

So anyone watching here... be on the look out in the for-sale section for my used EMU-1820 and Behringer ADA8000 - together for somewhere in the neighborhood of $350.00.
Bob Collins

Return to Amplification