It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:35 am

Trost organ ready for taking pre-orders

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

micdev

Site Admin

Re: Trost organ ready for taking pre-orders

PostFri Oct 02, 2009 7:40 am

Dear Prof Maier,

Any news about the shipping of the Trost... is Santa Claus heading to Canada? :D

Looking forward to receiving the set

Thanks
François
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

OAM

PostFri Oct 02, 2009 7:55 am

Yes, good news!

The shipping just started today, thanks for your patience!
Prof. Helmut Maier
OrganArt Media Sound Engineering
D-88662 Überlingen/Lake Constance
http://www.organartmedia.com

Jim Reid

PostFri Oct 02, 2009 9:21 am

Horray! I was begining to worry mine; it is to be sent some half a world away.
Jim Reid

micdev

Site Admin

PostFri Oct 02, 2009 9:45 am

Jim,

Sorry, but since you live where there is no snow, no winter, there is also no Santa Claus... :lol:

Now, go back to sleep... way to early for you (4h21 a.m.)... if you're a good boy, maybe Santa will take a detour and stop by eventually, who knows!

François
P.s. I'm working for you right now... will email you later on today.
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

OAM

PostWed Nov 11, 2009 2:30 am

Please don't forget:

The introductory price for the Trost organ ends on Sunday, Nov, 15.
Thanks all for the really great feedback so far!
Prof. Helmut Maier

kiwiplant

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 1:29 am

oh well... just discovered this sample set exists on Nov 24. As usual, my luck, right after the sale cutoff date. Hopefully Trost goes on sale again or there is a group purchase deal or something.

I wonder how many more people would have bought this if they knew about it. Is there an email list to sign up on outside of this forum area that sends us mail about special prices for new or existing organs? Many times the rest of life gets in the way of reading each detailed posting in Hauptwerk forums every day.

The demos I've found so far today sound spectacular! Is there a way to search for more on contrabombarde.com?
Is this what the Trost sounds like straight out of the box? Does it need much fiddling with the HW AE voicing controls? If the demos floating around are straight to the HW audio recorder and the directly recorded files sound this good then is there any reason why it wouldn't sound exactly like this when played live with the same speakers?

I'm mainly a theatre organ player but Trost sure has me interested for the first time in this sort of organ with Hauptwerk. Guess this is a lesson not to spend as many hours attempting (and failing) to get my virtual tibia trems sounding right and read all forum posts instead.

Thanks,
Paul

kwbmusic

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 2:03 am

Me too!!!!
Didn't see it until too late.
So much going on it is hard to keep with it.
Keith

phulshof

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 am

kiwiplant wrote:The demos I've found so far today sound spectacular! Is there a way to search for more on contrabombarde.com?
Is this what the Trost sounds like straight out of the box? Does it need much fiddling with the HW AE voicing controls? If the demos floating around are straight to the HW audio recorder and the directly recorded files sound this good then is there any reason why it wouldn't sound exactly like this when played live with the same speakers?

I hear no differences between the recordings and the sound coming from my own organ (other than that the recordings were played by a better organ player than myself), and I have done no fiddling whatsoever with the voicing controls. What IS important however is registration; some of the sounds in the demos are created by the right selection of registers together forming the sound you want. All in all it really is a great sample set.

kiwiplant

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 2:46 am

Wow ! That is excellent news that this set is installed and ready to instantly play.

Makes me sick to think about missing the deadline for this by a few days. This sample set is soooo terrific sounding !!!
Hopefully the exchange rate curve turns around very quickly. That looks like the only chance at getting Trost. Maybe this currency exchange rate site helps more people on the "purchase waiting list".

http://www.x-rates.com/d/USD/EUR/graph120.html

Paul

OAM

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 4:57 am

Due to a lot of inquiries, which showed that people hadn't checked the introductory period, the introductory period will be extended to December, 13, 2009

Trost organ introductory price: 690.- Euro (579,83 for Non-EU countries)

Hope, this helps all, who have missed the deadline for only a few days!
Prof. Helmut Maier

Dutch Brad

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 6:29 am

The real organ is absolutely amazing and so is the virtual version. It is best never to tinker with OAM organs unless there is some flaw in your own sound production system. There are an endless amount of registration possibilities and quite a broad range of music can be played on it.

The biggest flaw I have with this organ is that, once you start playing it, you forget to play all the other organs on your system. So I make a note to help me remember there are more organs than just the Trost.

Now waiting for Stade...

kiwiplant

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 8:55 pm

Dear Prof. Maier,

I'm wondering how the sound changes if I don't have the wind model available. Is that what the diagram with pipes is for in the following picture? What do the 0 - 200 scales indicate?

http://www.organartmedia.com/images/Wal ... olPage.jpg

Do the other switches shown on the right side of the ControlPage work without the wind model ?

Can the tuning be changed? (not sure why I would want to, but I don't know what "Mofiied mean-tone, fifth comma" is either.)

Are there updates to your organs available or needed, for example perhaps when HW 4.0 is released?

Is the USB key updated when your samples are installed or do I have to contact someone else to get it reprogrammed with an additional new key?

Thanks,
Paul

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostFri Nov 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Hello Paul,

I'll leave Professor Maier to answer the majority of these questions since he will be able to give you that information better than I can. Regarding the USB key, you will not need a new key, if you order the Trost set we will just need to apply a license update to your existing USB key to enable the set to be played. Once your order is placed with OrganArt Media they will contact us and we will handle the rest and contact you about updating your license on the USB key.

I hope that helps.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

OAM

PostSat Nov 28, 2009 7:48 am

Hello Paul,

the influence of the wind model isn't very significant for this organ, especially when playing with non-plenum registrations.
Perhaps some "non-wind model" Trost customers could tell about their personal impressions?

The scale, you mentioned, indicates the wind pressure.
All other switches and options, like enabling/disabling the extended mode etc., are independent of the wind model.

The tuning (temperament) can be changed and even keeps the fine tuning structure (no mathematical correct (cold) intervals), due to the special OAM fine tuning invariant system.

There are no upgrades necessary for the upcoming HW4. HW always is upwards compatible.

Hope, that helps a little bit.
Prof. Helmut Maier

JPSmith

PostMon Dec 07, 2009 9:01 pm

I've listened to the Trost sampleset demos on the OAM website as well as the Youtube videos of Hans-Andre Stamm playing Bach on this instrument. The sampleset demos are gorgeous, to be sure. However, to me the Stamm recordings suggest a significantly livelier acoustic in the Waltershausen church than the demos do. I get the impression that the samples were recorded rather close to the pipes and include relatively little of the actual room reverb (the significant amount of action noise in many of the individual rank demos also suggest this) while the Stamm recordings were apparently made from somewhere in the nave and capture significantly more reverb.

Of course, Youtube recordings are of low quality and I have no idea whether the acoustic in the Stamm recordings was "enhanced" in some way. And I have not heard this instrument live. Nevertheless, my question is do the OAM Waltershausen samples realistically represent the acoustical impression of the instrument from the perspective of the player and/or audience? I guess only someone who has heard the instrument live can really answer this, but I'm curious.
PreviousNext

Return to Hauptwerk instruments