It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Kispest available now

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

Csaba Huszty

Kispest available now

PostTue Dec 01, 2009 7:29 am

Dear All,

Starting 1 December 2009, the unique French-romantic Kispest Pipe Organ is available for pre-ordering. The pre-order starts today and lasts until 20 December 2009 when the download delivery is scheduled the latest.

The Kispest Organ is virtual pipe organ for Hauptwerk 3 capturing the sound of the 38-stop Rieger-Varga romantic pipe organ which is considered to be one of the best sounding romantic instruments in the region.

The virtual pipe organ has a fully re-modelled console with all of its elements operational including the original organ's combination action, noises (also available in quad and adjustable surround), a missing pedal stop (made by acoustically repositioning available pipes virtually to the pedal work), and introduces two major steps forward in the Hauptwerk virtual pipe organ world:

- an adjustable surround capability to set the microphone configuration while you play in real-time and
- a Dynamic KeyboardMass functionality which helps simulating the behavior and sound generation of the pipe organ keyboard and makes the playing experience more realistic.

The organ is available both as a download and as a retail box shipping on an external hard disk drive for convenient installation. Since the Kispest organ is a 3 in 1 virtual instrument -- containing stereo, quad and adjustable surround versions in one package -- the introductory price is $333 (~EUR 221).

The Kispest organ is very fresh so while audio and video demos and RAM requirement data is being recorded and uploaded please find more information about it on the following websites:

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/products_details.php?idtermekek=15

http://www.inspiredacoustics.com/wiki/index.php/Kispest_Pipe_Organ

You can pre-order the Kispest organ here:
http://store.kagi.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?storeID=6FCKV_LIVE&&

Also there is a previous post with a video demo of the Adjustable Surround.

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5133

I hope you will like the Kispest Organ and its new features!

Yours truly,
Csaba

PS. Purchases support the real organ.
Last edited by Csaba Huszty on Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

Lougheed

Re: Kispest pre-order starts now

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Am I missing something here? This seems like a case of "putting the cart before the horse".

I can't even consider pre-ordering until there have been a decent number and variety of audio demos. A trial version would be even better!

I guess I'm suggesting (1) get the demos up, and (2) then offer a pre-order incentive.

Thanks,

Lawrence

kwbmusic

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 7:41 pm

Then again, some of us have had this organ in Kontact 2 format and very pleased with that. I'm appreciative of gaining some financial advantage in getting in earlier, with the expectation of course that the Hauptwerk format will be better than Kontact. Certainly the keyboard access/use of the samples will be much better.
As somebody elsewhere stated, collecting organ samples becomes an addictive obsession!!
Keith

polikimre

PostWed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 pm

My only probelm is that I think most users here would use a simple stereo setup, and thus a 66GB download seems a little extreme. Is there a chance to release the stereo version separately?

Csaba Huszty

PostThu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 am

Hi!

Demos are being created and recorded now. I think making the pre-order advantage available for a longer time is better then to wait until demos are available. I think we will continue to announce and make the sets available as soon as possible with demos following as they are recorded. I know that this may be unusual but since a Trial version will also be available soon, I think there are plenty of options to check out the sample set.

There are 3 organs in the package and they are installable and downloadable independently. All 3 organs together are 66 GB but you can download and install them separately. Both the Stereo, the Quad Surround and the Adjustable Surround is contained in the package and you are free to download and install one, two or all.

The reason why a single purchase contains three versions is that the Adjustable version is fully compatible with stereo as well as surround, so stereo setups are also adjustable between wet, dry and beyond.

Yours truly,
Csaba
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

Lougheed

PostThu Dec 03, 2009 4:38 pm

Thank you, Csaba, for the points of clarification. Very appreciated!

I did not release that your approach actually results in a longer pre-order time.

I'm also THRILLED to read that a Trial version will be offered. That is certainly the best approach, IMHO!

I look forward to additional demos, as well as the Trial version.

Lawrence

Csaba Huszty

PostFri Dec 04, 2009 7:00 am

Please check Joe's YouTube recordings on the Kispest organ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY9r6EpNkPQ&fmt=18
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

Csaba Huszty

Re: Kispest available now

PostSun Dec 20, 2009 4:01 am

Dear All,

the Kispest organ is shipping as planned so it is available now as a download.

We hope you will enjoy the organ!

Thank you,
Csaba
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

petersorgan

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 5:50 am

Hello
I've installed the Organs properly but I can't load the Organ (neither stereo quad nor acousic mode) . I get the error 0050. My Mac pro has 16GB Memory so free enough for bigger Organs. Did I made something wrong. :cry:
regards
Peter

Csaba Huszty

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 7:10 am

Hello Peter,

please send us more detail on this error so that we can see what happened (tech support is made on the IA site so we can only help there). You can use the 'contact us' form most easily. Please send the details what happened, what you encountered and when you encountered it, as many details as possible. If you can access your Hauptwerk log file please copy the relevant lines from there too.

Thank you,
Csaba
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

mdyde

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 7:25 am

Hello Peter,

I've installed the Organs properly but I can't load the Organ (neither stereo quad nor acousic mode) . I get the error 0050. My Mac pro has 16GB Memory so free enough for bigger Organs.

Just for reference, the text for error 50 is 'Your computer has no free memory left. ...'. If you need to contact IA or MDA for support, please use 'File | Create a diagnostic file ...' to send a diagnostic file, which will show details of your hardware, free memory, etc.

Assuming you're using OS X 10.6 or 10.5 (needed in order to use 64-bit software) with the Hauptwerk v3.30 64-bit beta tech preview for OS X (needed in order to be able to use more than about 3 GB of memory, which is the limit of 32-bit software), then Hauptwerk should be able to use up to about 10.5 GB of memory (2/3 of your 16 GB, which is the amount OS X typically allows to be actively in use).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

petersorgan

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 7:58 am

Hello Martin
I allready run HW 3.3 64bit on 10.6.2 since a long time all other Organs works fine.
pleas tell me where i can send the diagnostic file.
regards Peter

mdyde

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks, Peter.

You'll probably need to send it to Csaba (via the support section on the IA website, as in his post above), since we don't yet have a copy of the Kispest sample set, so he would be in the best position to advise on its memory requirements/recommendations, etc. (The diagnostic file contains the log files, and other info.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 am

Peter,

As a first load, try loading the stereo version at "16 bit"; also, check the other ODFs available; you will find some with the word "reduced"; these organs have less releases (2 instead of 3 I think) and take less memory.

Good luck
François
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

I allready run HW 3.3 64bit on 10.6.2 since a long time all other Organs works fine.
pleas tell me where i can send the diagnostic file.

Hello Peter,

Please submit a diagnostic file to us here:

http://www.hauptwerk.com/support

We've just received the download details for this set, so we will get it downloaded and tested with your settings once you send the file.

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments