It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am

Release of the Anloo organ etc.

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

gernot

Release of the Anloo organ etc.

PostMon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Hello everybody,

finally we are ready to take orders for the Anloo organ! We are sure that you will be delighted to hear that we have lowered the minimum donation from 199 Euro to 99 Euro (!!!). We hope that this helps to make the sound of this fantastic instrument available to a larger group of people.
With regard to the introductory special, we have to make different arrangements, since our supply of Opus Magnum Books and Harald Vogel CDs is limited: We are giving away our complete supply of books and CDs now - for free as promised. We have installed a realtime counter on our order form that shows how many introductory packets are available. Once they are all gone, you can still order the regular Anloo sample set. As soon as books and CDs are available again, there will be an Anloo deluxe packet (incl. book+CD) available at a minimum donation of 111 Euro. If you have already ordered the regular Anloo set, you have then the option to have the book and CD sent to you at a price of 12 Euro + shipping costs. Taking into account that we were able to lower the minimum donation by 100 Euro and that the regular price for the Opus Magnum book and the CD is 32,50 Euro + shipping costs, we hope that these arrangements are acceptable for you.
Please note that -depending on the number of orders- there might be a delay of 2-3 days until your order is processed.

Together with the release of the Anloo organ we have lowered the minimum donations for all our sample sets (have a look at http://www.prospectum.com).

Best regards,
Gernot

engrssc

Re: Release of the Anloo organ etc.

PostTue Dec 01, 2009 3:57 am

The book and CD must have been in very short supply as I looked for them just a few hours after this posting and they were gone. :(

Rgds,
Ed

gernot

Anloo and HW Free Edition

PostTue Dec 01, 2009 5:34 am

I have just tested the Anloo organ with HW free edition (3.3). It worked well.

>book and CD must have been in very short supply
We took 20 Books and CDs with us from our last visit to Anloo. These were sold in about 10 hours - almost completely to the Netherlands! As I understand they still have a lot of books up there in Anloo, but when I recently asked for more CDs I was told that the first pressing of Harald Vogel's CD is sold out - so a second pressing needs to be made. I have already asked around for pressing prices and found a very attractive offer. Of course the decision about the second pressing is up to Muziek in Anloo.

As I said, if you own an Anloo sample set, you can order the book + CD at PROSPECTUM for 12 Euros instead of the usual price of 32,50 Euro (as offered on the Magnuskerk homepage) once they are available again. There will also be an Anloo deluxe package with book and CD for 111 Euros. Please note that for these two offers require a second pressing of Harald Vogel CDs. I will keep you informed about that.

Best regards,
Gernot

gernot

Virtual Anloo organ CD

PostTue Dec 01, 2009 4:20 pm

19 New virtual Anloo organ recordings by Bert den Hertog are available on our website http://www.prospectum.com >organs >Magnuskerk Anloo >sound demos. Enjoy!

Gernot

gernot

Anloo books and CDs

PostThu Dec 03, 2009 6:08 pm

I have good news concerning the Anloo books and CDs: They have found a remainder of CDs in Anloo which are sent to me together with books (should arrive next week). These books and CDs will be sent to those that have ordered the Anloo set in a chronological order.

Best regards and good night,
Gernot

adri

PostFri Dec 04, 2009 2:22 pm

Gernot, I have sent you several emails. Are you receiving them?

gernot

PostSat Dec 05, 2009 11:32 am

Yes I have. I am very occupied with processing orders at the moment, but I will respond soon.

martinus

PostThu Dec 10, 2009 6:17 pm

Hello Gernot,

I downloaded and installed the Anloo sample set.
Thank you for this beautiful and high quality organ! :D
Keep up the good work.

Best Regards,

Martinus C van Herk :
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com

GDay

PostThu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Hello Martinus,
I listened to the Anloo on MIDI files, and didn't find that the demos had much life to them. I listened to the recorded CD examples. and they sounded fantastic, then I read that reverb was added to some of the tracks. The result for me was that none of the demos gave me an accurate representation of the sample set, is it dry, moist, wet? and how so in comparison to other sets? How alive are the samples?
As you've bought the set, could you give us a critique on this set for us?
G'Day

I still have a few small chickens for sale . . .

martinus

PostThu Dec 10, 2009 10:20 pm

Hello G'day,

Some first impressions:

Samples are 24 bit stereo,close up,moist? and crystal clear.
Stop and key noises are realistic.
Stop layout is made for touchscreen.
After the "out of the box" adjustments ,the organ tutti is impressive and transparent.
This organ sounds typical early 1700 south german baroque(my taste).
I think that 99 euros is a very decent price to pay for this excellent set.

All the best,

Martinus C van Herk
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com

GDay

PostFri Dec 11, 2009 2:24 am

Thanks Martinus, I've placed my order. Now to discover how much i remember about FTP downloading!
G'Day

I still have a few small chickens for sale . . .

Wim Eradus

PostFri Dec 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Listen to the 20 demo pieces played by Gert van Ginkel on http://www.pcorgan.com/SampleSets1719AnlooEN.html
These examples (partly Dutch protestant church music) give a good impression of this very characteristic (demi-dry) sample set.
Wim

gernot

PostSat Dec 12, 2009 4:19 am

I have updated the Anloo organ demo page (http://www.prospectum.com >> organs >> Magnuskerk Anloo (NL) >> sound demos) so that you can see which recordings contain additional reverb. As well, IRs of this additional reverb can be downloaded (48kHz/24bit, 2ch and 4ch format, zip archive).
Gernot

Wim Eradus

PostSat Dec 12, 2009 5:42 am

On http://www.contrebombarde.com, JOCR and KeesHoekman also performed interesting music on the Anloo Radeker/Garrels organ (Bach, Sweelick, Brahms and Dutch Psalm variations). I prefer however the recordings without additional reverb, also on the Prospectum website. To my opinion, the danger of adding is twofold: the authentic characters of the instrument can (partly) get lost and the resulting sound might become more or less "electronic" again.
Bert den Hertog did a great job, playing the first virtual Anloo CD. But in my ears, the first piece, a Praeludium of Buxtehude, reproduced with a lot of reverb, sounded in the beginning as a high quality electronic organ. I hope that Gernot Wurst is willing to complete on his website these "wet" reproductions with the original one's, making it possible to judge the added effect.
Wim

Return to Hauptwerk instruments