It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:17 am

My First Upload

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

Bagnew

My First Upload

PostSun Feb 21, 2010 3:05 am

Should be online now, but the Contrebombarde browse page isn't loading for me, so I can't tell if it uploaded successfully.
Please check to see if a recording of Take 5 has been uploaded, and if you find the time, please take a listen.
MIDI File, played through Hauptwerk Free Edition.
Please let me know what you think.

Cheers

Brendan
Brendan Agnew (Age 16): Rather poor organist (but getting better!). Pianist, Brass Player. Percussionist for Auckland Wind Orchestra. Rehearsal Pianist, and Show Percussionist/Keyboard Player/Brass Player for Amateur Theatres in the Auckland Region

CHRIS 037

Re: My First Upload

PostSun Feb 21, 2010 3:40 am

Hi Brendan,

I just had a look. Your posting is there but there doesn't seem to be the usual button to click to play it(?) Contrebombarde seems very slow (busy?) tonight. You may need to try again(?)

Leo Chris.

(I'm looking forward to listening to your custom organ.)

Bagnew

PostMon Feb 22, 2010 2:16 am

OK, I have re-uploaded it, and it seems to be working on my end!
http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/2264
It's not my custom organ, just one of the examples included with Hauptwerk.
Please forgive the registrations in some parts, it was pretty much a single take recording.

Oh, and the Thunder Piston.... Probably shouldn't have experimented with that during the recording! :P
Brendan Agnew (Age 16): Rather poor organist (but getting better!). Pianist, Brass Player. Percussionist for Auckland Wind Orchestra. Rehearsal Pianist, and Show Percussionist/Keyboard Player/Brass Player for Amateur Theatres in the Auckland Region

CHRIS 037

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 1:22 am

Hey Brendan,

You're off to a great start!

Oh, and the Thunder Piston.... Probably shouldn't have experimented with that during the recording!

Ya Think?

At any rate, thanks for a really good laugh at your comment!!! :lol: Now that's the kind of thing I might do too! Although, I suppose it's a bit discouraging that I might still do things like that at my advanced age, or then again, maybe it's more to be expected at an advanced age!??! anyway. . .

So, what's next?

Leo Chris.

Bagnew

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 am

Maybe Star Wars? :lol:
I've got a whole load of Organ MIDI Files, from the SCPOP archive, so I might do a few of those.

CHRIS 037

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 10:34 am

Great!

That ought to fit right in to the 3-armed he/she (or it?) that you alluded to in your contrebombarde comments. How about the music from that cafe scene?

Leo Chris.

Bagnew

PostTue Feb 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Cantina Scene it is, then!
EDIT: Perhaps not, my MIDI file seems to disagree with Hauptwerk, causing it to Cipher. Every time I try to play it...

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall