It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:10 pm

Salisbury Willis trial available

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

B. Milan

Site Admin

Salisbury Willis trial available

PostSun Feb 28, 2010 7:40 pm

Dear all,

There is now a trial version for volume 1 of the Salisbury Willis for those wishing to try it before purchasing the virtual instrument. Please note the following:

Works with Free Edition of Hauptwerk as well as trial versions. (Free Edition users must disable some ranks from loading to load in under 1.5GB or try single loops, single attacks etc.).
Playable range limited to 2 octaves beginning from G below middle C in manuals and low C-G in pedals (low C-G from manuals will couple to pedals to get the feel for full organ but those notes are not playable from the manuals). ** This is the main limitation of the trial version thus no real repertoire can be played without missing notes, but there is enough to get a feel for the sound and how the instrument feels to play.
Sub and super couplers will not cover full range due to missing notes (please do not contact us with comments about couplers not working fully since this is part of the limitations).
No voicing options.
No release truncation options.
Bell tower not available.
Evaluation purposes only, no public demos permitted.

Please visit http://www.hauptwerk.com/downloads/inst ... downloads/ to download the files and view memory details etc.

We hope you enjoy it!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Lougheed

Re: Salisbury Willis trial available

PostSun Feb 28, 2010 8:05 pm

Woo hoo!

dflick

PostMon Mar 01, 2010 11:49 pm

** This is the main limitation of the trial version thus no real repertoire can be played without missing notes, but there is enough to get a feel for the sound and how the instrument feels to play.

Sounds like a challenge to me! Cant wait to give it a try.

jvdwvd

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 9:17 am

Dear Users,
I have tried to download the samples of Salisbury., but everytime I try I get this message:
Deze webpagina is niet beschikbaar.

De webpagina op ftp://downloads.hauptwerk.com/instrumen ... ptwerk.rar is mogelijk tijdelijk uitgeschakeld of permanent verplaatst naar een nieuw webadres.

Translated:
This webpage op ftp://downloads.hauptwerk.com/instrumen ... ptwerk.rar may be temporarily disabled or permanently moved to a new
web address.

What can be the reason of this message?

Greetings,
Johan

mdyde

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 9:25 am

Hello Johan,

I've just checked, and all three of the files start downloading properly for me in the current versions of both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Do you have another computer you could try for the download? Perhaps you have a firewall or some over-zealous security software that's blocking the RAR files?

Can you download the RAR files from the other sample sets on our sample sets downloads page?:

http://www.hauptwerk.com/downloads/instrument-downloads/
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

M. van der Grond

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 9:30 am

I experienced an unwilling Google Chrome. As Martin found out, this Martin did :) : Firefox works fine.

amateurorganist

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Well there be a low resolution monitor version of this, Brett? I downloaded the trial but the console was too large for the resolution of my screen 1024 x 726. I tried to change resolution in my display settings but there are no other options. Am I doing something wrong? Or is my touch screen out of date?

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSat Mar 06, 2010 4:17 pm

Well there be a low resolution monitor version of this, Brett? I downloaded the trial but the console was too large for the resolution of my screen 1024 x 726. I tried to change resolution in my display settings but there are no other options. Am I doing something wrong? Or is my touch screen out of date?

Hello,

We don't have any plans at this time for a smaller screen resolution, a monitor with a resolution of 1280x1024 is required to view the complete display screen (please see http://www.milandigitalaudio.com/salisbury-info.htm).

Thank you.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Hauptwerk instruments