It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:06 am

My contrebombarde

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

phulshof

My contrebombarde

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 3:41 am

I finally managed to get around to uploading my first performances to my Contrebombarde page: http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/user/573
Be gentle, I haven't played for almost 10 years before I got my new Mixtuur organ in November 2009. :)
Other performances (including part 2 and 3 of the trio, and part 3 and 4 of the prealudia) will follow as soon as my fingers cooperate properly. ;)

imcg110

Re: My contrebombarde

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 6:11 am

Sounds like the finger are cooperating rather well!! It must be an inspiration to play this wonderful sample set on such a lovely console. Keep the music coming!

phulshof

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 am

I am quite pleased with my new organ and sample set(s), yes. :) I still believe it was the right investment at the time that will give me many decades of musical joy.

BarryG

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 8:55 am

Excellent. Plus I really appreciate your posting of the registrations. Even though I don't (yet??) have the Trost sample set, it gives me a starting point for my other sets (though your Krebs is a "bit" beyond my fingers, still).

Barry

engrssc

PostFri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm

Does the Mixtuur instrument have combination action?

Rgds,
Ed

phulshof

PostSat Mar 27, 2010 1:24 am

engrssc wrote:Does the Mixtuur instrument have combination action?

Yes, there are two setzer foot-pistons near the pedals with which I can go back and forth through my setzer settings. I deliberately did not have visible push buttons with fixed combinations installed, because I wanted to have the organ look as non-electronic as possible. Buttons for recording and setzer programming are all hidden from view.

phulshof

PostSat Mar 27, 2010 9:25 am

I've added part 3 and 4 of the 4 praeludia by Krebs, and added the first part of BWV 585 - Trio in c by J.S. Bach.

organtechnology

PostSat Mar 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Nice work on the recordings, you seem to have recovered your keyboard skills nicely.

Question about the toe studs; How does the Setzer system compare to the 'registration frames' system of Hauptwerk?

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

phulshof

PostSun Mar 28, 2010 12:49 am

organtechnology wrote:Question about the toe studs; How does the Setzer system compare to the 'registration frames' system of Hauptwerk?

They're the same; I've just connected my setzer foot pistons and some push buttons to the registration frames midi controls. I'm using a temporary midi controller at the moment, so it's still a bit limited, but when it's finished I'll be able to do the following:
- push button to program the current register settings into the current register frame
- push button to go to the first frame in the bank
- right foot piston to go to the next frame in the bank
- left foot piston to go to the previous frame in the bank
Currently the last 3 work; I need the new midi controller for the first. It currently requires a push to start recording, a press of the right foot piston to go to the next frame, and another push to stop recording: 3 actions in stead of 1. However do I manage without it? ;)

The new midi controller, which should arrive in a month or so, will also give me a few extra options I currently don't have:
- hand registration: copy the current register settings to the Hauptwerk software
- extra couplers: allow me to connect a group of registers (HW/BW/OW) to any keyboard; this will basically replace the standard couplers of the sample sets, giving me full coupling control.

The only thing still missing then will be Hauptwerk control over the draw stops; they currently stay in their position when I use the setzer to switch register settings, so the Hauptwerk register settings don't match the draw stop settings. That however requires a bit of financing I don't have available right now, so it will have to wait until I do. :)

phulshof

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall