It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:56 am

Behringer Equipment

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

MDavenport

Re: Behringer Equipment

PostThu May 06, 2010 3:07 pm

It is a Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio.

Thanks,

-=M=-

wurlitzerwilly

PostThu May 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Eric Sagmuller wrote:
Really? That's news to me. Such a popular model. I've got a few sets I'll probably be selling here soon as I'll be going to the Mackie HR824's as I can find them. I know the B3031A is new, but have found very little feedback as to how people like them.

Eric

We have a job that requires 11 pairs of 2031As and we called our supplier who contacted Behringer and was told that they are now officially out of production
As 2031As always seem to be out of stock, with a month lead time, I suspect that there won't be that many lying around in warehouses. I think the last ones will make it in dribs and drabs.
We've had to accept the higher priced 3031As. I just hope the customer doesn't hold us to the letter of the contract, otherwise it's going to cost me. :x
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Eric Sagmuller

PostThu May 06, 2010 7:13 pm

That's interesting. I looked on their website and saw no mention of discontinuation, and so far I come up with a big list of places that still sell them here in the US, but I suspect many still have stock. I've been wondering how long they would produce them yet having them on the market for a good while, and now with the new version out.

Thanks for the info. Supposedly the ribbon version have a wider horizontal dispersion, at the expense of vertical dispersion. Doing some reading up on ribbon's, I'm under the impression that they need to be of quite a good quality to equal or exceed the sound quality of a much less expensive dome. They also appear to produce more distortion, unless of very high quality. I've never really listened to any so can't say. Hope your customer will like them and cover the difference.

Eric

Eric Sagmuller

PostThu May 06, 2010 8:27 pm

I just looked on Behringer's web site again and noticed they have a B1031A coming soon. It's like the 5" version with the Kevlar woofer they introduced recently, but has an 8" woofer and sounds very similar to the B2031A in specs. The main difference though is that they now use a multiple input voltage, switching supply. Something I just don't care for that much. My guess is this monitor will replace the B2031A.

Eric

mdyde

PostFri May 07, 2010 4:41 am

Hello Martin,

It is a Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio.

I haven't myself used or tested any Behringer speakers or the Sound Blaster X-Fi sound cards. Looking at the manufacturer's specifications:

http://uk.store.creative.com/products/product.aspx?catid=1&pid=16770&nav=1

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B2031A.aspx

... the Sound Blaster has a stereo mini (3.5 mm) jack for headphones / line out, and the Behringers have mono 1/4" (6.35 mm) jacks and are active (have built-in amplifiers).

So you should basically just need to get leads or adapters that go from one 3.5 mm stereo jack to two 6.35 mono jacks.

E.g. something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-6-35mm-Cable-Metres/dp/B0034DSUMK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273224775&sr=8-3

There are lots of different lengths, makes/models, prices and qualities available. If the speakers are a reasonable distance apart you might either want to pull the two (left and right) cable apart a bit (usually easy enough), or get some sort of adapters that connect/extend the leads as necessary.

Online music shops like Digital Villiage in the U.K. have lots of leads and adapters to choose from:

http://www.dv247.com/cables/audio-cables/

Hope that helps.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

wurlitzerwilly

PostFri May 07, 2010 10:12 am

mdyde wrote:Online music shops like Digital Villiage in the U.K. have lots of leads and adapters to choose from:

http://www.dv247.com/cables/audio-cables/

Hope that helps.

FWIW here is a link to the best online place for leads that I know. They even have power cords to fit Chinese outlets and supplied to many journalists during the last Olympics!

http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

bcollins

PostFri May 07, 2010 11:10 am

Being in the US, you might try Radio Shack, or Guitar Center. They should have what you need to get going, although with that route you may end up having to use adapters. I basically did the same thing (in reverse) to get inputs from my mic-preamp (1/4" TRS) into my Zoom H2 recorder (Stereo 1/8" unbalanced plug).

Keep in mind however that the Behringers have balanced connections, and though it will work, you may experience some hum or interference running unbalanced source inputs.
Bob Collins

MDavenport

PostFri May 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Thank you. I will try this the moment I can and let y'all know how it worked.

As you can tell, I am Southern.

-=Martin=-

(There sure are a lot of Martin's in this Forum)

MDavenport

PostSat May 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Thank you everyone. I got the cords from Sam Ash and they work!!! I am now a happy boy. However, I have found that they do not play the low lows. I don't get the last octave of 16' and certainly not the 32's.

I am guessing I will need a sub woofer. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

-=Martin=-

bcollins

PostSat May 08, 2010 6:45 pm

The matching subwoofer is the Behringer Truth B2092A.
http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/B2092A.aspx
Very happy with my two.
In a home, one should more than adequate.
Bob Collins

Jim Reid

PostSat May 08, 2010 7:19 pm

What are the dimensions, weight of the B2092A ?
Not to be found on the Behringer page or elsewhere.
One review reads, "this thing is BIG and HEAVY" !
Jim Reid

bcollins

PostSat May 08, 2010 7:23 pm

24.4" X 12.8" X 22.9"
73 pounds
Bob Collins

solotibia

PostMon May 10, 2010 4:47 am

Behringer.com still lists the B2031A as being a current model. Behringer Oz maintains that they remain in production (as of today!).

I prefer to use the B2031A over the B3031A in a VTPO context as the B2031A tweeter is far more robust. Not to mention that the B2031A's dispersion is balanced between the vertical and horizontal axis (one needs to sit in a triangulated space to best appreciate the more 'beamy' [but also more transparent] B3031A ribbon tweeter). That actually makes the B2031A a more natural sound in a VTPO context (in a monitor context, the B2031A is an unsubtle screamer!).

I use the B3031A as a monitors, and Behringer seem to have set the tweeter amps on the B3031As with trigger happy protection to 'save' the ribbons. That could prove to be a pain in the arse if you have a number of them in a VTPO. The protection can be triggered simply by switching off the B3031A and the next morning, switching them back on. Not an issue if they are at arm's length connected to a Mac or a PC, but quite a different story out in some VTPO 'chamber' where there may be a rabbit farm of speakers!

As monitors the B3031As represent an astonishing bargain. Just as the B2031As represent a similar bargain as VTPO speakers - horses for courses.

Ian McLean

wurlitzerwilly

PostMon May 10, 2010 9:25 am

solotibia wrote:Behringer.com still lists the B2031A as being a current model. Behringer Oz maintains that they remain in production (as of today!).

I prefer to use the B2031A over the B3031A in a VTPO context as the B2031A tweeter is far more robust. Not to mention that the B2031A's dispersion is balanced between the vertical and horizontal axis (one needs to sit in a triangulated space to best appreciate the more 'beamy' [but also more transparent] B3031A ribbon tweeter). That actually makes the B2031A a more natural sound in a VTPO context (in a monitor context, the B2031A is an unsubtle screamer!).

I use the B3031A as a monitors, and Behringer seem to have set the tweeter amps on the B3031As with trigger happy protection to 'save' the ribbons. That could prove to be a pain in the arse if you have a number of them in a VTPO. The protection can be triggered simply by switching off the B3031A and the next morning, switching them back on. Not an issue if they are at arm's length connected to a Mac or a PC, but quite a different story out in some VTPO 'chamber' where there may be a rabbit farm of speakers!

As monitors the B3031As represent an astonishing bargain. Just as the B2031As represent a similar bargain as VTPO speakers - horses for courses.

Ian McLean

Ian.

I have no issue with your reasoning on the different models.

It would seem that Behringer or their distributors tell a different tale, depending on who's asking and from which country.
The 2031A also seems to be still available in some parts of the USA too.

I have to believe our guys as far as the UK is concerned, as I don't believe they would have passed up an opportunity to sell 11 pairs in one go.

Also, websites can very quickly get out of date. One of our major distributors still advertises them despite telling us they have no stock and will not be getting any :!:
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

solotibia

PostMon May 10, 2010 7:38 pm

Well, certainly Behringer distribution can be different country by country. I suggested the B2031As to a VPO builder in the U.K. He had no problem finding them there, but was told that if he wanted the subs, that he would have to order them on the net from the U.S. as they weren't available in the U.K.!

Ian
PreviousNext

Return to Amplification