It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:00 am

Behringer Equipment

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

wurlitzerwilly

Re: Behringer Equipment

PostTue May 11, 2010 12:16 pm

solotibia wrote:Well, certainly Behringer distribution can be different country by country. I suggested the B2031As to a VPO builder in the U.K. He had no problem finding them there, but was told that if he wanted the subs, that he would have to order them on the net from the U.S. as they weren't available in the U.K.!

Ian

Must be different sources of info then Ian. :)

There are a few 2031As still around in the UK, but in quantity the source would seem to have dried up.
Also, I suspect that those that are still available will come at a higher price. :(
We were originally quoted a discounted price for 10+ pairs at 50GBP off each pair, but when we went to 'collect' the dealer suddenly changed tack and said he couldn't do it and then admitted that they couldn't get them anyway.

The reason for the subs not being available in the UK is because of EU rulings over the use of solder that contains lead.
It is simply not allowed!
Unfortunately, the Behringer subs do contain leaded solder, but it's highly unlikely that an individual would ever ingest any!
Another on of the crazy EU rules, although they do have a point when it comes to recycling.

It is illegaL in the UK to import Behringer subs or anything else that uses leaded solder, even as an individual.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue May 11, 2010 1:17 pm

It makes me wonder why the monitors wouldn't have the leaded solder and the subs would. :?

bcollins

PostTue May 11, 2010 1:26 pm

I always assumed it was because the sub-woofers shake so much more, etc.

... new alloys do not form joints as strong as leaded alloys. Recent investigations have revealed that lead-free solder joints may be fragile and prone to premature interfacial failure, par­ticularly under sudden stress.
- Peter Borgeson and Donald W. Henderson. 2004. Fragility of Pb-free solder joints. Universal Instruments.

But I don't pretend to be any expert on the subject. I'm dangerous with a soldering iron :)
Bob Collins

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue May 11, 2010 5:51 pm

That's very interesting Bob. I still use the lead/tin stuff for all of my electronics work. For sweat (copper pipe) soldering leaded solder is out.

Eric

Sandy Hackney

Re: Behringer Equipment - Update

PostFri May 14, 2010 4:17 pm

Since I posted my inquiry on Jan 10 I did purchase the Berringer monitors and subwoofer. Fantastic sound but for one problem: the Rodgers internal speakers in my C440 were much louder than the Berringers and much of the effect was lost. I bought a preamp/mixer just for the Berringers and it helped some, but with the gain turned all the way up to equal the Rodgers I got a pronounced hum. Finally I had my friendly and local Rodgers tech come and he had to put a couple of resisters in the Rodgers electronics to turn its gain down a bit so I could then equal the speakers out. Pretty close to perfect now.

Anyone else had this problem and perhaps with different solutions? Thank you.

Sandy Hackney
Easton, NY

bcollins

PostFri May 14, 2010 5:24 pm

It is a Sound Blaster X-fi Xtreme Audio.

My best guess is the root of your problem (with the Hum) is with the sound card. You're running unbalanced output into the Behringers, and adding a mixer into the mix is probably just making things worse.

I can't imagine a pair of B2031A plus a sub - not being able to compete with your Rodgers. Unless your Rodgers is EXTREMELY loud! I can fill an 80,000 cubic foot space with a pair of Behringers.

Might I suggest trying a good professional grade audio card with ASIO. I have an ECHO MIA at my office, and I can drive out everybody in the building.
Bob Collins

Sandy Hackney

Re: Behringer Equipment - Update

PostSat May 15, 2010 6:18 am

Thank you Bob. I'll take a look at the sound card. Yes, the Rodgers speakers are good, but the problem is that with the sound input coming from my HP CPU it enters the Rodgers first and then on to the Berringers, so the louder the Rodgers is, the louder the Berringers are, but they are set just a little less than the Rodgers so they always lag behind. Yes, I can blow the doors off but the unbalance is still a little bit there. Thank you.

Sandy Hackney
Easton, NY

wurlitzerwilly

PostSat May 15, 2010 7:40 am

Eric Sagmuller wrote:It makes me wonder why the monitors wouldn't have the leaded solder and the subs would. :?

I assumed (possibly incorrectly) that the two models are constructed in different countries, and some may allow practices not allowed by others.
Regards,

Alan.
(Paramount Organ Works)
Previous

Return to Amplification