It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:32 pm

"Final" Berringer Update

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

Sandy Hackney

"Final" Berringer Update

PostMon May 17, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks to much input here I was able to make some good decisions on additional speakers for my Rodgers - to wit two Berringer Truth Active speakers and a Berringer subwoofer. I had many difficulties trying to balance my Rodgers internal speakers with the Berringers: adding a preamp/mixer and having my Rodgers tech work on the Rodgers electronics, etc. Finally, I just disconnected my Rodgers - put a headphone jack in - and just use the Berringers. Much, much better sound and more detail and subtlety. Ah well, we learn at our own pace. Thanks to all for their help!

Sandy Hackney
Easton, NY

kwbmusic

Re: "Final" Berringer Update

PostMon May 17, 2010 5:11 pm

For whatever reason I do not think built in speakers on theatre organs are appropriate for Hauptwerk cathedral type organs. I also have a system of two Behringer Truth monitors and the B2092 sub-woofer. Using a Hammond organ as a keyboard I find I have to cut out the Hammonds speaker system as it does not give a "proper" sound. However I bring it back if I play the Paramount 310 Theatre Organ, as it works quite well for that.
Keith

Eric Sagmuller

PostMon May 17, 2010 6:24 pm

Back in the 90's when I had an Allen, I absolutely abhorred the built in speakers and strait away connected my stereo system speakers, and then got some Allen external ones. But as it appears some like the sound, I didn't want to say anything against the purpose of this thread, using the built in Rodgers speakers.

pwhodges

PostTue May 18, 2010 6:39 am

I know nothing of the quality of the overall design of Allen speakers; but as a comment on the quality of the component parts, when I was recently repairing an ex-BBC LS5/9 monitor (one of their very finest), the only remaining source I could locate anywhere in the world for a replacement dome for the tweeter was Allen - and it was surprisingly cheap, too.

Paul

Eric Sagmuller

PostTue May 18, 2010 11:21 am

Their external speakers seemed decent. I don't think it was the quality of the built in speakers so much, as the fact that the sound was coming out from under the keyboards. BTW I tried a set of my Behringer B2031A's and a set of the Mackie HR824's sitting either side of me on the console, and I didn't like the in your face sound at all. I seem to prefer to have the speakers a bit above me in mid field, around 8 feet out front , with another pair far behind me in a surround setup.

Eric

Return to Amplification