It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

Performance Midifiles

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

PeterD

Performance Midifiles

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 7:53 am

Hi Darryl and Rob,
Contrabombarde continues to be an excellent source of organ music and indeed is very broad church with most genre's represented. I'm currently without a midi controller for the keyboards and am enjoying James Presslers' midifiles playing Bach on the Salisbury Willis. It struck me that it might be nice if some of the midifiles producing some very good music on CB.com might be available for download on the same page as the music... subject of course to the usual performer's Rights and intellectual property considerations. Wonder if that would be a future development to consider,

Best

Peter
Be careful what you set your heart on......you may achieve it.

mdyde

Re: Performance Midifiles

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 7:58 am

Hello Peter/Darryl/Rob,

Quick thought: it might be worth waiting for Hauptwerk v4.0 for that, since it will have a native MIDI recorder/player that records MIDI files in a particular format that's completely independent of any user settings or hardware. Hence users can exchange MIDI files very easily, without any re-configuration or editing needed:

http://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5573&start=0
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

PeterD

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 8:04 am

Hi Martin

That was quick !! - I was just thinking about what might be a suitable format - that answers the question ! Shall desist from buying Cakewalk for a month or two.....or three ?

Many thanks

Best

Peter

mdyde

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 8:17 am

Hello Peter,

You'll still be able to use Sonar to edit and play back MIDI files recorded with Hauptwerk v4.0's native MIDI recorder, so there's no particular reason to hold off on buying Sonar if you want to - it won't be a wasted investment. (Hauptwerk v4.0 will have native MIDI recorder/player functionality but no native MIDI file editing facilities.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

PeterD

PostFri Jun 25, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks Martin - look forward to it

Peter

jocr

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 6:47 pm

PeterD wrote:...am enjoying James Presslers' midifiles playing Bach on the Salisbury Willis. It struck me that it might be nice if some of the midifiles producing some very good music on CB.com might be available for download on the same page as the music... subject of course to the usual performer's Rights and intellectual property considerations.

And I thought I never played the Salisbury Willis! I can't see any postings on CB that could have been made from my MIDI files, so I guess you do that privately.

James Pressler

PeterD

PostSun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 am

Hi James

Yes I resurrected your Midi Files which were an early HW "buy" and sound great on Salisbury even with the limited range of stops ( lots of Swell/Solo 4' to Great to compensate). .. very enjoyable listening thanks again. I'm not quite sure of the limitations on use of your performances ? .Might you also consider publishing some Franck and Elgar, Hollins, Howell or perhaps even Dyson........ "Virtually Romantic" ?
Regards

Peter

jocr

PostMon Jun 28, 2010 12:22 pm

I have no plans on doing most of the composers you suggest, due to personal and copyright considerations, but i already have identified over 3000 MIDI files from the "General Domain," i.e. written before 1923 A.D., which I could share. There are 10 years of files tailored to about 60 samplesets from SoundFont and General MIDI to Pipe Organ to Hauptwerk 1, 2 and 3 with a variety of registration schemes and controls. Approximate breakdown: 1100 Bach, 300 Buxtehude, 1000 other Baroque, and 900 Romantic. The problem is to package and sell them in a way as to not overwhelm me with fulfillment requests.

More later.

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ecmartinjr

PostMon Jun 28, 2010 4:39 pm

James: I and many others are very interested. How many manuals would these files utilize? Keep us posted please. Many thanks. Ed

jocr

PostMon Jun 28, 2010 5:02 pm

The files address from 1 to 4 manuals,with and without pedal, and up to 3 enclosed divisions (GT SW PD) for the ones that originated as Rodgers/Schantz tracks. I am glad there is an interest.

[November 27, 2010] Available files and registration guidelines are now posted here, including new "401 Unregistered MIDI Files":
http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/midinstr.htm

In honor of the beginning of the liturgical year, I have discounted just one package by $50.00 until December 4, 2010:
http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/seas.htm

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:19 pm, edited 14 times in total.

jocr

PostThu Jul 22, 2010 11:23 am

ecmartinjr wrote:James: I and many others are very interested. How many manuals would these files utilize? Keep us posted please. Many thanks. Ed

My project keeps evolving: this is one possible direction.
http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/44bb.htm
Note different channel setup, included combination files, hints for registering for different instruments. These happen to use Banks and Frames, which are universally available in HW2/3 samplesets, but perhaps not used much by sampleset owners.

James Pressler

ecmartinjr

PostWed Jul 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Jim: Many thanks for the extensive new midi files. They are great and work perfectly. One question, is there a text file for the Walther set which states the Sequence Name and the corresponding Midi File name? I find this sort of text file for all of the other downloaded sets except Walther. Ed

jocr

PostWed Jul 28, 2010 4:16 pm

ecmartinjr wrote:Jim: Many thanks for the extensive new midi files. They are great and work perfectly. One question, is there a text file for the Walther set which states the Sequence Name and the corresponding Midi File name? I find this sort of text file for all of the other downloaded sets except Walther. Ed

There certainly is, but I'll check to see if it didn't make it into the package you received. It's in the Zip on my local hard disk, so I clipboarded it in a way you can copy and save it.

PRESS SELECT ALL below, then Copy (CTL-C), then Paste (CTL-V) into a Notepad-type application and save as Walther.txt. The package has been updated for any future buyers. Thanks for calling it to my attention.
Code: Select all
SEQUENCE NAME                               MIDI FILE                      TIME  INSTRUMENT*
Ach Gott! erhör meinem Seufzen              walt_agem_oos.mid              1:01        OOS
Aus meines Herzens Grunde                   walt_amh_sg.mid                1:46        GK
Aus tiefer Noth schrei' ich zu dir          walt_atn_vpr.mid               2:38        RS
Aus tiefer Noth schrei' ich zu dir          walt_atn_scc.mid               2:37        SCC
Aus tiefer Noth schrei' ich zu dir          walt_atn_vph.mid               2:29        VPH
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in Bb          walt_con_alb_b_ehr.mid         4:42        EHR
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in Bb          walt_con_alb_b_lee.mid         4:54        LEE
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in Bb          walt_con_alb_b_sjw.mid         4:42        SJW
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in F           walt_con_alb_f_ods.mid         7:15        ODS
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in F           walt_con_alb_f_dkr.mid         7:19        DKR
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in F           walt_con_alb_f_lee.mid         7:37        LEE
Concerto del Signor Albinoni in F           walt_con_alb_f_vpr.mid         7:37        RS
Concerto del Signor Blamont in A            walt_con_bla_a_vpr.mid         11:54       RS
Concerto del Signor Blamont in A            walt_con_bla_a_vph.mid         11:58       VPH
Concerto del Signor Gentili                 walt_con_gen_a_lee.mid         4:47        LEE
Concerto del Signor Gentili                 walt_con_gen_a_smit.mid        4:27        SM
Concerto del Signor Gregori                 walt_con_gre_b_ehr.mid         5:06        EHR
Concerto del Signor Gregori                 walt_con_gre_b_mtk.mid         5:07        MTK
Concerto del Signor Gregori                 walt_con_gre_b_roqx.mid        5:19        ROQ
Concerto del Signor Mancia                  walt_con_man_gm_vph.mid        9:03        VPH
Concerto del Signor Taglietti               walt_con_tag_sg.mid            8:05        GK
Concerto del Signor Telemann                walt_con_tel_cm_ehr.mid        8:05        EHR
Concerto del Signor Telemann                walt_con_tel_cm_zke.mid        8:26        ZK
Concerto del Sr. Torelli in A minor         walt_con_tor_am_fcs.mid        7:08        FCS
Concerto del Sr. Torelli in A minor         walt_con_tor_am_mtk.mid        6:28        MTK
Concerto del Sr. Torelli in A minor         walt_con_tor_am_oos.mid        7:10        OOS
Concerto del Sr. Torelli in D minor         walt_con_tor_dm_lee.mid        2:45        LEE
Concerto del Sr. Torelli in D minor         walt_con_tor_dm_mtk.mid        2:38        MTK
Concerto del Sr. Vivaldi in B minor         walt_con_viv_asc.mid           8:15        ASC
Concerto per Chiesa del Sr. Telemann        walt_con_ch_tel_mtk.mid        7:33        MTK
Ein' feste Burg ist unser Gott (I)          walt_efb1_ss4ch.mid            2:42        MS
Ein' feste Burg ist unser Gott (I)          walt_efb1_sg.mid               2:58        GK
Ein' feste Burg ist unser Gott (II)         walt_efb2_kre.mid              1:51        KRE
Ein' feste Burg ist unser Gott (II)         walt_efb2_sg.mid               1:51        GK
Es ist das Heil                             walt_eid_ehr.mid               2:24        EHR
Es ist das Heil, [MT]                       walt_eid_zkm.mid               2:20        ZK
Fuga                                        walt_fuga_f_ods.mid            2:36        ODS
Fuga                                        walt_fuga_f_dh_hw2.mid         2:36        DH
Fuga                                        walt_fuga_f_wir.mid            2:39        WIR
Herr Gott! dich loben wir                   walt_hgd_scc.mid               1:36        SCC
Herr Gott! dich loben wir                   walt_hgd_zke.mid               1:30        ZK
Herr Gott, Nun Schleuss den Himmel Auf      walt_hgns_vph.mid              2:08        VPH
Herr Jesu Christ, du höchstes Gut           walt_hjc_vpr.mid               2:21        RS
Herr Jesu Christ, du höchstes Gut           walt_hjc_vph.mid               2:22        VPH
Herr Jesu Christ, du höchstes Gut           walt_hjc_zke.mid               2:17        ZK
Lobe den Herren                             walt_ldh_lito.mid              2:05        LIT
Machs mit mir, Gott, nach deiner Güt        walt_mmm_vph.mid               2:52        VPH
Meinem Jesum lass ich nicht                 walt_mjl_fbre.mid              6:50        FBR
Meinem Jesum lass ich nicht                 walt_mjl_vpm4.mid              6:51        MK
Meinem Jesum lass ich nicht                 walt_mjl_vph.mid               6:31        VPH
Nun komm der heiden Heiland                 walt_nkdhh_ods.mid             1:15        ODS
Nun komm der heiden Heiland                 walt_nkdhh_vbw.mid             1:17        VBW
Nun komm der heiden Heiland                 walt_nkdhh_mtk.mid             1:10        MTK
Nun komm der heiden Heiland                 walt_nkdhh_sg.mid              1:13        GK
Nun ruhen alle Wälder                       walt_nra_lee.mid               1:38        LEE
Nun ruhen alle Wälder                       walt_nra_vpr.mid               1:36        RS
Nun ruhen alle Wälder                       walt_nra_zke.mid               1:40        ZK
Partita on "Jesu, Meine Freude"             walt_jmf_anl.mid               13:28       ANL
Partita on "Jesu, Meine Freude"             waltjmf_glc.mid                13:04       C
Partita on "Jesu, Meine Freude"             walt_jmf_gso.mid               12:59       GSO
Partita on "Jesu, Meine Freude"             waltjmf_ott.mid                12:43       OT
Preludio con Fuga A-Dur                     walt_pf_a_bos.mid              5:04        BOS
Preludio con Fuga C-Dur                     walt_pfc_ods.mid               6:47        ODS
Preludio con Fuga C-Dur                     walt_pfc_fbr_hw2.mid           7:05        FBR
Preludio con Fuga C-Dur                     walt_pfc_sg.mid                7:05        GK
Preludio con Fuga d-moll                    walt_pfdm_anl.mid              4:42        ANL
Preludio con Fuga d-moll                    walt_pfdm_vbw.mid              4:40        VBW
Preludio con Fuga d-moll                    walt_pfdm_ehr.mid              4:41        EHR
Preludio con Fuga d-moll                    walt_pfdm_fbr_hw2.mid          4:40        FBR
Puer natus in Bethlehem                     walt_pnib_fbr_hw2.mid          1:34        FBR
Puer natus in Bethlehem                     walt_pnib_sjw.mid              1:35        SJW
Puer natus in Bethlehem                     walt_pnib_vph.mid              1:35        VPH
Toccata con Fuga C-Dur                      walt_tfc_vpr.mid               6:25        RS
Toccata con Fuga C-Dur                      walt_tfc_wir.mid               6:27        WIR
Variations on "Liebster Jesu"               walt_vlj_roe.mid               5:13        ROE
Variations on a Basso Continuo of Corelli   walt_var_cor_dh.mid            3:54        DH
Warum betrübst du dich, mein Herz           walt_wbdd_vbw.mid              2:46        VBW
Warum betrübst du dich, mein Herz           walt_wbdd_sg.mid               2:44        GK
Warum sollt' ich mich den grämen?           walt_wsi_kre.mid               1:29        KRE

Best regards,
James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheOrganDoc

PostWed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

Hello,

(a bit off of the present subject)

I am very interested to know if anyone knows where I can get

"Theater Organ Midi Files", as I would truly enjoy hearing

my Paramount T O sample set put through its paces !

TheOrganDoc,.......Mel
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

giwro

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 8:45 am

PeterD wrote:Hi Darryl and Rob,
Contrabombarde continues to be an excellent source of organ music and indeed is very broad church with most genre's represented. I'm currently without a midi controller for the keyboards and am enjoying James Presslers' midifiles playing Bach on the Salisbury Willis. It struck me that it might be nice if some of the midifiles producing some very good music on CB.com might be available for download on the same page as the music... subject of course to the usual performer's Rights and intellectual property considerations. Wonder if that would be a future development to consider,

Best

Peter

I would be willing to sell some of my MIDI files, but (until HW 4 arrives) you'd have to configure them to go with your setup.
It would also have to be limited to the Public Domain works or any that Evensong distributes that the composers would be willing to allow...

Best,

- Jonathan
Jonathan Orwig
Coon Rapids, Minnesota USA
http://www.evensongmusic.net
Next

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall