It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:28 am

More Hauptwerk Band Organ Tunes

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

CHRIS 037

More Hauptwerk Band Organ Tunes

PostMon Mar 22, 2004 12:49 am

Hello Again Hauptwerk Members,

My band organ has been evolving, as you can see from the console screen shot on my web page. I have just placed 10 new tunes there, for those of you who are interested.

I found that I could extend the pedal keyboard to 81 notes and place the entire drum set into the keys above the usual pedal 32 notes. When I use a piece that has midi drums in it, I just transpose the whole track up 33 notes. This freed up an entire division that I can use for other sounds.

I also added a sampled Acoustic Bass for the pedal and added a 16’ Voix Celeste there. The celestes add so much to the band organ sound that I have tried to load full ranks as often as possible (rather than the REF approach). To make repeated ranks seem different, I found that I could process each wave file of a rank through Sound Forge’s swap channels, which reverses the stereo image. When done right, re-looping is not needed. My flute celeste had somehow ended up somewhat toward the left stereo channel. Now my reverse version comes from somewhat to the right side. The two together make an even fuller sound. I do the swap channels for any stops that I load twice. I think it helps.

I have added expression to all but one of the divisions. This has helped a lot to balance the sounds. I wish I could have one more than the six allowed expression sections, but 6 is the current limit. My SOLO 3 manual is unexpressed, but since it’s made up from mostly REFed stops, I guess it doesn’t matter too much.

Finally, thanks to those of you who have let me know that you have enjoyed these pieces. I guess I’ll keep it up, as time allows.

My website address is:
http://home.comcast.net/~chris909037/index.html

Leo Christopherson

Return to General discussion