It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:31 pm

Anti Mode.

Speakers, amplifiers, headphones, multi-channel audio, reverb units, mixers, wiring, ...
  • Author

OPUS1883

Anti Mode.

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 2:54 am

Hi. I was having problems with standing waves from my subwoofer. The seats where people would sit to listen to the theatre organ would have massive standing waves from bottom C (16") to bottom F (same octave). I purchased a unit called "anti mode". You connect the box in line before your subwoofer (RCA connection only) and connect a small microphone (supplied with the unit) and place it where the standing waves occur. The anti mode box does a frequency sweep played through the sub woofer, then adjusts the levels and built in EQ to reduce the standing waves in the listening area. It has also vastly improved the overall bass response and sound in the room. For £230 it is well worth the money. You can also boost certain frequencys at 25hz and 35hz which gives good all round presence to the lower notes. Just thought i would make people aware of this fantastic little unit, (and it is little... it measures about 5" wide, 4" deep and 1" tall.) as i wish i had discovered it years ago !

Chris

toplayer2

Re: Anti Mode.

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 6:03 am

OPUS1883

Re: Anti Mode.

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks for putting up thelink Joe... i was ment to do it, but got distracted and forgot to. It really is a good piece of kit and works extremely well.

Chris

Return to Amplification