It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:18 pm

My "amateur review" of the St-Maximin nouveau...

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

micdev

Site Admin

My "amateur review" of the St-Maximin nouveau...

PostThu Nov 18, 2010 1:20 pm

Get a good bottle of Beaujolais or Bordeau (I know that today it is the release of the "Beaujolais nouveau"... but honestly this beverage is soso...) and read my amateur review of the new St-Maximin; released at the same time as the Beaujolais nouveau, the St-Maximin is nothing like this piquette... it is I think a Grand Cru.

http://www.hauptwerkconsultant.com/page ... aximin.asp

Enjoy
François
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

micdev

Site Admin

Re: My "amateur review" of the St-Maximin nouveau...

PostFri Nov 19, 2010 9:39 am

Dear all,

Just wanted to say that for those interested, I added some public domain sheets music (pdf) from some French composers (Bovin, De Grigny, Clerambault etc) for those who would like to explore and play the French repertoire that was intended to be play on an instrument like the St-Maximin.

You will find the sheet music at the end of my review.

Enjoy.
François
Best regards
François

micdev

Site Admin

PostMon Nov 22, 2010 4:15 pm

A quick note to let you know that on my review page of the St-Maximin, near the end, I added a link to download a 130 pages pdf book about registring a French classic organ.

http://www.hauptwerkconsultant.com/page ... aximin.asp

Have fun
François
Best regards
François

David

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 am

Merci beaucoup François.

pat17

PostTue Nov 23, 2010 2:51 am

Thanks a million François!

I downloaded the demo version as soon as it had been available - without any issue, thanks to the time difference I could to it while everybody else was asleep - which allowed me to realise to which extent Saint-Maximin was unique. Slightly puzzled by this result, I eventually downloaded the score you shared on your website together with Roland Lopes' "book" - if I am not mistaken, you referred to this one already in the past... It's a real outstanding service we get here from you, notwithstanding your comments on the instrument!

I am personally more to the German baroque music. Such a comprehensive information is gold to get into the French one - it should help to try a few pieces on the demo version. If I'm happy with the result, I shall go then for the complete version.

Thanks for this wealth of information! It's really wonderful to be able to test an instrument in that context - from Jiri who offered a fully functional organ just limited by the number of stops, and from you to share all the additional info so we can take all the benefit of it!

-----------------------------

Merci infiniment François !

J'ai téléchargé la version démo dès qu'elle a été disponible (sans aucun problème : grace au décalage horaire, cela a été fait quand tout le monde dormait...) ce qui m'a permis de voir à quel point le son de Saint-Maximin n'était à nul autre pareil. Un peu intrigué, j'ai téléchargé les partitions que tu as mis à disposition sur ton site, ainsi que le "livre" de Roland Lopes hébergé également par tes soins (il me semble que tu en avais déjà parlé d'ailleurs...). C'est vraiment un traitement royal que tu nous offres là, en plus des commentaires détaillés sur l'instrument !

Etant plus naturellement porté vers les baroques allemands, cette masse d'information est une véritable mine d'or... Je vais donc m'y plonger, pour voir si je peux m'essayer à quelques morceaux sur la base de la version de démo. Si cela est concluant, j'achèterai la version complète.

Merci de nous proposer un tel florilège de documentation... C'est vraiment exceptionnel de pouvoir tester un instrument dans ces conditions : de la part de Jiri en proposant un orgue complet sans autre restriction que la limitation des jeux, et de ta part en proposant tout le reste, qui permet d'en tirer pleinement parti !

Return to Hauptwerk instruments