It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:20 pm

Contrebombarde.com Search

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

kiwiplant

Contrebombarde.com Search

PostFri Aug 14, 2009 12:41 am

Contrebombarde.com search never returns results for anything I type in. I'm not sure what it searches for.

Is there a way to search for specific songs, sample sets, organists, equipment (audio interfaces or speakers) ?

The equipment search would be great for finding pictures or comparing the sounds of sample sets with different speakers and audio interfaces.

Thanks,
Paul

polikimre

Re: Contrebombarde.com Search

PostFri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 am

I tried a google search on CB:

vollenhove site:contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music

This lists all the music pages which contain the word vollenhove. I notice that all the pages have the same title, which makes browsing the search results almost impossible. Could the title of the pages be changed dynamically to match the title of the piece displayed, or the name of the member whoise profile is displayed, etc. That way I could just use google to search the complete site.

dwood

PostFri Aug 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Hey Guys

I have put the search on the list to look at. Currently, the search searches three fields: Contributor, Title, and Composer.

Hadn't really thought about the equipment search. So thanks. However, I'm told that kind of search will require some extensive changes to the site. We'll have to see how to go about that.

However, in the mean time, you can find a piece performed on the Caen, go to the comment page, and click on the RSS link. That will list all the pieces made with that sample set. You can read the Contrebombarde update on RSS feeds here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5295

We'll do our best to clean up the page titles soonish.

I hope that helps.

Darryl

jocr

PostSun Nov 28, 2010 1:02 pm

kiwiplant wrote:Is there a way to search for specific songs, sample sets, organists, equipment (audio interfaces or speakers) ?

One effective search is to find your favorite organist's code name, then, for instance, search for "kiwiplant," then click the top heading for each column (it toggles between ascending and descending order). Because people enter titles freely, in any language, with or without BWV numbers and opus numbers, that makes them difficult to find.

Feel free to look things up on my website if you want to standardize your submissions to ContreBombarde Concert Hall. I have a more hardcoded approach, which is by no means perfect.

James Pressler

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall