It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:09 pm

CODM and Oberwerk organs

Using the CODM to create your own organ definitions, exchange CODM organ definitions, ...
  • Author

brentmj

CODM and Oberwerk organs

PostSat Dec 25, 2010 10:36 pm

We are using a Hauptwerk organ while a pipe instrument is being rebuilt and reinstalled. I used Oberwerk to create an instrument with a similar specification to the pipe organ and it is played from the organ's new console, already installed.

I would like to modify the organ further, adding a 4th manual and some additional couplers that the console and completed pipe organ will have, but the default Oberwerk settings don't seem to support.

Is there a way I can modify the organ in the CODM when all I have is the ODF file created by Oberwerk?

Thanks!
Brent

wurlitzerwilly

Re: CODM and Oberwerk organs

PostSun Dec 26, 2010 12:02 pm

brentmj wrote:We are using a Hauptwerk organ while a pipe instrument is being rebuilt and reinstalled. I used Oberwerk to create an instrument with a similar specification to the pipe organ and it is played from the organ's new console, already installed.

I would like to modify the organ further, adding a 4th manual and some additional couplers that the console and completed pipe organ will have, but the default Oberwerk settings don't seem to support.

Is there a way I can modify the organ in the CODM when all I have is the ODF file created by Oberwerk?

Thanks!
Brent

There is no way to directly translate a full ODF to XML format suitable to load into the CODM.

If the full ODF is unencrypted (i.e. it's an xml file) then you could possibly write a script to translate for you, but it would probably take longer than writing a new custom xml file for the CODM. If you do that, you can take most of the critical data from the full ODF and enter it by hand into your new custom definition. It's slow and cumbersome, but do-able.

The CODM will certainly handle a 4th manual and couplers, so what you want is ultimately possible, one way or another.

Regards,

Alan.

Return to Custom Organ Design Module (CODM)