It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:02 pm

NEW - Contrebombarde.com Upgrades

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

mimiami

Re: NEW - Contrebombarde.com Upgrades

PostSat May 21, 2011 4:29 pm

When using Safari, I have the same problem with playback that Iain reported ... yellow/orange bar and no playback. Using Firefox, playback works fine.

Mike

cdekter

PostSat May 21, 2011 6:18 pm

Ah yes, this does appear to be a Javascript caching issue. A forced refresh fixed the issue for me. Anyone experiencing problems, you'll need to do a forced refresh on each page where you are having problems.

dwood

PostWed May 25, 2011 5:58 pm

Ok. For the moment, we have moved Safari back to using Flash instead of HTML5 since Safari is mis-behaving.

Safari for iOS remains in HTML5 and works well (as far as I am hearing)

Darryl

James

PostSun May 29, 2011 6:00 am

I applaud the work the Coonterbombarde team has done to bring us this wonderful service. I did notice, however, that the
category (baroque, modern, romantic, etc) notation on the browse page seems to be gone. As I do not recognize all the composers, I have to click on the piece to decide if I want to listen to it. I would appreciate very much having this this time saving feature back.

James

Stefanussen

PostSun May 29, 2011 9:55 am

James, thanks for the feedback. I removed Genre a couple of days ago in an attempt to de-clutter the browse page. It caused fewer titles to wrap, and I did not think Genre was being used for much of anything. I've got no problem putting it back in, but I'd be curious, are there any other opinions on this matter?
Rob Stefanussen

organtechnology

PostSun May 29, 2011 10:52 am

I would like to sort on genre to narrow the field and avoid the testing pieces that are sometime awful.
I would also enjoy a green LIVE box that is not quite so visually outstanding and maybe even add a MIDI box in blue?
Pax,
Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

John Murdoch

PostMon May 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Rob--

I'd appreciate having the genre column as well. I'm a newbie, and while I'm familiar with some composers names, there are lots of composers I do not recognize.

I sometimes use Contrebombarde to find new music--listen to something, find a piece of music that's really interesting, then explore WIMA or other online archives for more music from the same composer. Having the genre of the piece on the web site helps me browse through new music to find interesting composers whose catalogs I then explore.

Thanks very much for doing this.

JM

polikimre

PostMon May 30, 2011 5:46 pm

A curious problem, maybe a browser issue. Using chrome under win 7, when listening to a track in it's own page and then switching the tab in the browser, the music stops. If i go back to the music page tab, it starts again.

It keeps playing if I switch to another program, though.

kiwiplant

PostMon May 30, 2011 6:41 pm

Is there a way to prevent the music from playing immediately when a song page opens? Have it wait until the play button is clicked.
Previous

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall