It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:15 am

Caen v.2 released

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

zurek

Caen v.2 released

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 4:47 am

The sample set of the A. Cavaille-Coll instrument in the cathedral
of Caen (France) was released today in the version 2.

As usually, the chief improvement consists in the refinement of the
precision of the attack and the release of many pipes with the
benefit of a better touch control and finer response of the
instrument to the organist.

Further, the Contrebombarde 32 pedal stop was revoiced to give more
booming sound characteristic for the A. Cavaille-Coll organs. A
number of other fine voicing touch-up changes was done to improve
the overall performance of the virtual organ. Also, the sample set
seems to be fully compatible with Hauptwerk 4 features.

The demo pieces featuring the new version are available on the web
pages in wave format. In addition to that, small DEMO sample set was
derived from the Caen material so that the performance of the
virtual instrument can be tested live. The DEMO sample set works
also in the Hauptwerk 4 trial version.

The sample set is now offered in the surround (including the wet)
and in the dry versions. Friendly upgrade prices are standard. The
installation media are ready for ordering.

Best regards,
Jiri Zurek
Jiri Zurek,
Prague
http://www.sonusparadisi.cz

Fokko

Re: Caen v.2 released

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 7:13 am

Hi Jiri,
Congratulations with publicing the new Caen Version.
The small demo sample version seems not ready for download yet (server error).
Please check the demo-link.
Regards

Edit; download is working now - thanks
Last edited by Fokko on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fokko Horst

David

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 8:09 am

Thank you very much for this update.
Just ordered !

ecmartinjr

PostMon Aug 01, 2011 10:57 am

As far as I can see from the SP web site there is no Portrait orientation of dual screens (ie. portrait left and right jambs) in the newly released v.2 of the Caen. Is it available in v.2 and if not, is it planned soon? Thanks. Ed

IainStinson

PostTue Aug 02, 2011 2:21 pm

I've successfully downloaded the demo version. It plays nicely (provided you remember to engage the ventils) and certainly confirms my interest in the full set.

Iain

sipirc

PostTue Aug 02, 2011 11:38 pm

I have tried to download the trial version three times, all unsuccessful (corrupt file? - Error code 1166). I have emailed Jiri Zurek with the diagnostic file. At least, I have already ordered the installation media for Version 2... :|

ljhutchens

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 12:50 am

I wanted to share how delighted I am with the Caen v. 2 set. I built a dedicated French terraced console for the original set because it deserved it. I now have the new version and it is stunning! I am having Manual Rosales voice it for me since he is very familar with the instrument. As you may know, Mr. Rosales is one of the leading organ builders in America. He is responsible for the design and voicing of the instrument in Disney Hall and many other incredible instruments. He has brought over many organists to try out the organ and is extremely impressed with Juri's sampling. The stops are very defined and he says when you add stops and build up the ensemble the organ really shines. The individual stops are amazing also. Once I figure out how to post a picture of the console I will. I am using 20 channels with large Klipsch speakers including the Cornwalls, K-horns and the La Scalas. I am also using some very large powered subwoofers. Back to the organ, it is simply unbelievable!

pahasoft

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 am

sipirc wrote:I have tried to download the trial version three times, all unsuccessful (corrupt file? - Error code 1166). I have emailed Jiri Zurek with the diagnostic file. At least, I have already ordered the installation media for Version 2... :|

Yesterday I download then trial version. This file works fine. Installation in Hauptwerk without problems. The file is not corrupt.

Greetings.
Paul Haagsma.

zurek

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 2:35 am

The files of my demo instruments are very large for download. It cannot be taken for granted that you can download full DVD (about 4 GB) successfully over internet. THis often results in corrupted downloaded files. Unfortunately, there is nothing I can do about it. I am absolutely sure that I have the privilege to use the fastest internet lines in the Czech republic. Therefore, the problems come from the connection in between my server and your computer. If you happen not to have excellent internet connection, your download will often be unsuccessfull. The remedy can be accessing at least temporarily some extremely quick and stable internet connection, then you download without problems.
I often give a simple rule: if the download of the large package (about 4 GB of data) takes longer than about an hour, then it is very probable that it will not be downloaded successfully.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

Martijn70

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 3:06 am

No problems downloading the trial over a 25mbit/s line here (=The Netherlands). Very nice improvements over v.1!

greetings,
Martijn

sipirc

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 am

Fair enough...mine took over 3 hours! Perhaps the new national broadband network will give us a chance to catch up with Europe in Internet speed (ADSL only on my end, around 260 Kbps...No wonder I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the installation DVDs now!

mdyde

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 5:12 am

I often give a simple rule: if the download of the large package (about 4 GB of data) takes longer than about an hour, then it is very probable that it will not be downloaded successfully.

I think that's perhaps a little over-cautious: I have the fastest Internet connection that available in this part of the UK and it can manage download speeds of about 1.3 GB/hour, so a 4 GB download typically takes around 3 hours. However, I don't think I've ever had a problem with a corrupted download. I think some Internet connections are more reliable (less prone to data corruption due to electrical interference/noise/etc.) than others, apart from speed alone.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

MBar

PostWed Aug 03, 2011 10:39 am

Being in vacation in south of France I downloaded easily (3 hours) the demo version by WIFI kindly provided by a neighbor (200 metres from my place) without any problem. BTW, a very beautifull job, congratulatio JIri
Michel

zurek

PostFri Aug 05, 2011 1:51 am

The installation media are arriving to the customers and there were some problems detected by several users. Here, the observations:

- two users so far reported errorneous disks (one of the five, each time different). If the DVD is damaged, the sample set cannot be installed successfully. In that case, please ask for the replacement (new media or download). The media are delivered by external company, they are packed and sealed, so that I cannot open them and test them before sending. THerefore, it may eventually happen that a small percentage of DVDs will arrive damaged to the users.

- one user reported that after the installation, he could not load the ODF named Caen Wet. That is correct. Indeed, the new version does not have any Caen Wet ODF, there is only Caen Dry and Caen Surround now. So, if there is ODF named Caen Wet persisting on your system, it is the version 1 ODF. The version 2 is not backward compatible with version 1. THerefore, no ODF of the version 1 will work with the new sample set. I recommend to uninstall version 1 before the installation of the version 2 so that there are no remnants of the earlier version on your system and you have the clean version 2 installation. Nevertheless, it is surely sufficient to deinstall just this one single ODF named Caen Wet, the rest will work OK. I am sorry for this confusion.
Jiri Zurek,
Prague

dhm

PostFri Aug 05, 2011 4:10 am

Is the success, or otherwise, of a large download not dependent to a certain extent on one's choice of browser?
Did I not hear/read somewhere that one or more browsers would crash when trying to download 4GB or more?
I had problems downloading HW4 some months ago using a certain browser, but with others it was not a problem.
Grateful if anyone can jog my memory, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Douglas.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments