It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:13 am

New Hauptwerk Church instalation in Poland.

Building organ consoles for use with Hauptwerk, adding MIDI to existing consoles, obtaining parts, ...
  • Author

Andruss

New Hauptwerk Church instalation in Poland.

PostWed Aug 17, 2011 10:38 am

I'd like to present a new installation in the church. We used a sample set "Freiberg" Sonus Paradisi.
We performed a full adjustment completely destroyed organ. Organ was destroyed after World War II. Here are a few photos before and after renovation.

The console has integrated all the functions of Hauptwerk. It is equipped with a EASY-ON system. It controls the voltage of power amplifiers, a computer and even lighting. Just one button, all the rest happens automatically.
We used the original, old keyboards. We made them a total renovation. They were equipped with a reed contacts. LEDs monitors the draw-knobs status.
Sound were done using six dual multidirectional loudspeakers of our idea.

Ziemowit Brodzikowski
Poland
Sulechów.
http://www.magnus-organy.eu

micdev

Site Admin

Re: New Hauptwerk Church instalation in Poland.

PostThu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Ziemowit,

What a wonderful project. A wonderful mix of old technology (when was the organ built?) and new technology. Excellent choice of sample set. I think that considering the size of the original instrument, you selected a sample set coming from a similar size instrument.

The integration of the new controls is very well done, keeping the "old feel/look". Are you using the wet or dry version of the Freiberg?

Superb work!

François
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Andruss

Re: New Hauptwerk Church instalation in Poland.

PostSun Aug 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Hello, François

Thanks for your kind words.
Unfortunately, the church has very little reverb, so I used the WET version. I cut off the reverb for 1.5 seconds. This gave a much better impression than using DRY version. When I added more reverb, organ sounded unnatural in this room. 1.5 seconds is the optimum length.
Soon I publish on the forum video from a concert performed on these organs.

In previous work (viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8768) I used only dry samples. But there were four seconds of reverberation.
Ziemowit Brodzikowski
Poland
Sulechów.
http://www.magnus-organy.eu

Return to DIY organ consoles / MIDI