It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:01 pm

Melbourne, Esztergom, meet Csaba

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

arwenhur

Melbourne, Esztergom, meet Csaba

PostSun May 13, 2012 5:14 pm

To all the Melbourne Hauptwerkians,
Dr Csaba Huszty of Inspired Acoustics is visiting Melbourne and has agreed to come to a gathering of Hauptwerkians on Thursday 17th of May. You are all invited to a simple dinner and open organ (the new Esztergom) at Arwen's house from 6 pm onwards. Food and nonalcoholic drinks provided. Byo alcoholic drinks. Here is your chance to meet a samplemaker from Europe and try out his fantastic new organ, as well as meet other likemiinded people. Look forward to seeing you. Please send a PM to me for details.
Arwen

o2tosin

Re: Melbourne, Esztergom, meet Csaba

PostMon May 14, 2012 1:05 am

Thanks for your invitation, Arwen I look forward to meeting you and Csaba ( I have PAB and Esztergom already!)

arwenhur

PostMon May 14, 2012 1:30 pm

Further information regarding the evening. Csaba Huszty, as well as his colleagues Stephen Phillips (from Brisbane-violinist with QSO) and Gregory Hartay-Szabo will also be attending. Gregory is a professional organist who has learnt from the titulaire of Esztergom Basilica and is very familiar with the instrument. He may play some Liszt transcriptions transcribed specifically for Esztergom Basilica organ. Csaba will also give a presentation and will be happy to answer any questions. It is promising to be a very interesting and exciting evening.

kwbmusic

PostThu May 17, 2012 11:40 pm

Thank you Arwen, a brilliant evening, beautifully hosted and catered for by yourself (and I think with help from friends).
Thanks Czaba for an excellent outline as to how and what a sampler does to eventually produce a sampled organ. Particularly in this case the Esztergom.
Thanks to Gregory who provided us with a demonstration and the history of stops etc, from his early time on the real organ.
Stephen noticed a 3/4 violin belonging to Arwen's son, picked it up and, with a gentle accompaniment from Gregory on the Esztergom rendered a beautiful touching "Danny Boy".
All in all one of the best evenings I've spent for some time. Interesting how the Hauptwerk focus can create occasions!
Keith

Csaba Huszty

PostFri May 18, 2012 2:24 am

Thank you Arwen and everyone for giving me this wonderful opportunity to meet you all. It was a great honor and a fantastic evening of extraordinary hospitality. I am looking forward to seeing you all once again, and hope to return the special attention that has been extended to me.
Yours truly,
Dr. Csaba Huszty

micdev

Site Admin

PostFri May 18, 2012 6:36 am

Two years ago I missed my chance to meet Csaba while he was coming in Ottawa (was in Europe on vacations).

This time I missed my flight to Melbourne from Canada... would have love to meet all of you :lol:

Regards
François
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

Return to General discussion