It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

My minimal instrument at home

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Coos Blokhuis

My minimal instrument at home

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 2:48 am

My computer at home is controlled by Windows 10 Pro besturingssysteem. De processor is een Intel Core i7-3770 CPU 3.40Ghz 3.40 Ghz
The installed memory is 32 GB. This is necessary, because the sounds I use reguire 1.8GB RAM above what Windows already use.
The soundcard is a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Together with two active monitorsppeakers Tannoy, Reveal 5A Active.

The old situation.

I'am happy that I now (18-12-2013) can tell you that my new console from Hoffrichter has arrived! Here the pictures.

The new situation.

And in oktober 2015 I've bought 2 speaker floor stands.

The hardware on the photo's are a Touchscreen LG, pedal, organ stand, bench and lectern of the organ builder Laukhuff from Germany.

The keyboards in the old situation were Korg X5D. In het the new situation a MS 3 Block from Hoffrichter.

I found an excellent organ, a Marcussen & Son of the organ at St. Stephen Church in Moerdijk.
And since April 20, 2011 I bought a new organ at http://www.hauptwerk.nl/welkomen.php: the sound of an organ of Willem van Leeuwen. The instrument is in the Boezemkerk in Bolnes NL. Recorded in 2007. You may not organs in time to compare, but if you Marcussen & Son will compare with Willem van Leeuwen, then the last one wins. The Rugwerk sounds really close behind your back. The main work latch slightly further away. I also think that the rise times of the sounds faster.

Other tools I use are a clavichord, a two-manual harpsichord Mietke, a living organ of PRIB Chamber Organ, an Italian organ from 1600 of Antegnati in St. Carlo, Brescia, an organ from 1741 Müller, Oosterwijtwerd.
The whole is controlled by Hauptwerk. There is also a company in Vollenhove, Netherlands where I can go with my questions.

It's like a friend of mine once told me when he was visiting: "Many churches were violently jealous of your organ. It sounds fantastic.That's true, because when I press a button, you hear the sound of a professionally sampled pipe.

And finally, the organ where it all began: is that of Stiehr-Mockers Romanswiller from Alsace, France. An earley attempt to construct a French Baroque organ. This organ was built in 1843 for Romanswiller.

Why all that trouble? Now, it is wonderful to be able to play at home and not to climb on the bike and enter a cold church, 500 meters away, to study.

An update from 5-10-2021
I have moved and bought a new organ bench from https://www.orgelbau-weise.de/ and new monitor speakers from PreSonus. The Eris 5 as monitor speakers and the Temblor T8 as an active subwoofer. The sound card is also from PreSonus, an Audio Box USB96. It all sounds very neutral.
You can see the new situation below.

Coos Blokhuis
http://www.zutphense-fietser.nl/
Last edited by Coos Blokhuis on Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:40 am, edited 16 times in total.

jocr

Re: My instrument at home

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 1:34 pm

A wonderfully minimalist console. What do you do with the 3rd manual on the Marcussen? Float it?

Best regards,
James Pressler

Coos Blokhuis

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 5:23 pm

jocr wrote:A wonderfully minimalist console. What do you do with the 3rd manual on the Marcussen? Float it?

Best regards,
James Pressler

I change the output midi chanel of upper keyboard. Midi 3 becomes Midi 2. I've also the Zwolle and
then I change too.

I like to study Bach, Buxtehude and there friends. And I like to use a minimum of stops, so ..........

On my wishlist a console from Eric Dalest.

Best regards,

Coos Blokhuis
Last edited by Coos Blokhuis on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dalest

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 10:21 pm

thank you dear friend. :) :)

joeroberts

Re: My minimal instrument at home

PostThu Apr 24, 2014 9:33 am

Howdy Coos.............
I really like your neat, clean and uncluttered set-up, not to mention a very smart-looking modern look......
Regards,
Joe

Coos Blokhuis

PostThu May 08, 2014 4:21 am

Hi Joe,

Thanks! Look at http://www.zutphense-fietser.nl/, in Dutch, for more personal information.

Coos
Last edited by Coos Blokhuis on Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnsf

PostSat Nov 25, 2017 10:44 am

Coos,
Beautiful setup! I am interested in getting a stand similar to yours, but I can't find it in Laukhuff's current catalog, plus, I'm afraid it might be very expensive shipped to California. I may try to build something similar. I'm amazed that the bench can be cantilevered off of those strips of wood. I'm wondering, are the wood pieces that support the bench connected to the part that holds the manuals? If so, is there an adjustment to move the bench closer or farther away from the manuals?
Thanks!
John

Coos Blokhuis

PostSat Oct 10, 2020 6:37 am

Hi John,
The legs of the bench are not connected to the pedal. The legs are made in a U-shape. On top of the seat board and at the bottom it can slide forward or backward on the ground.
The bench is for sale, because I bought a real heavy organ bench in Germany.
Regards,
Coos.
Last edited by Coos Blokhuis on Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

morgonte

PostSun Jan 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Coos,
where did you buy your new bench? I'm looking for an adjustable organ bench, and I can't find very many here in Sweden.

Coos Blokhuis

PostTue Mar 02, 2021 11:14 am

Morgonte,
Hi, I found one at the http://www.orgelbau-weise.de
Sorry for the late reply.
Greetings,
Coos.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems