It is currently Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 pm


Zion Organ - Keyboard stack

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

bcollins

Member

  • Posts: 837
  • Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 pm
  • Location: USA, WA, Spokane

Zion Organ - Keyboard stack

PostMon Sep 11, 2006 6:37 pm

We actually used the organ for the first time live on Sunday! Only one manual in the keyboard stack was midi wired. The pedalboard was alive as well!

The stack is back in the shop for a week to finish the swell manual, pistons and swell shoe connections.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by bcollins on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob Collins
Offline
User avatar

BachsFugue

Member

  • Posts: 443
  • Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:02 am
  • Location: Springfield, Ohio, USA

PostMon Sep 11, 2006 8:31 pm

I think your work, Bob, is so neat. What sample set did you use this past Sunday?
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA
Offline
User avatar

bcollins

Member

  • Posts: 837
  • Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 pm
  • Location: USA, WA, Spokane

PostTue Sep 12, 2006 1:16 am

We used the 53 stop Compenius I sample set for 2 manuals with the swell division coupled to the great.

I sat and pulled stops for the organist since she only had an hour on the new organ before the service and wasn't familiar enough with all the pipe ranks - not to mention the touch screen.

For hymns and liturgy:
Spitz Principal 8', Prestant 4', Octav 2'
Blockflöte 8', Rohrflöte 4', Flöte 2'

Ped. Gedeckt 16', Prinzipal 8'
Bob Collins
Offline

falcon1

Member

  • Posts: 31
  • Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:43 am

PostTue Sep 12, 2006 8:22 am

Very nice!

I like the woodwork around the keyboards stacks. Did you create it yourself?
Offline
User avatar

bcollins

Member

  • Posts: 837
  • Joined: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:09 pm
  • Location: USA, WA, Spokane

PostTue Sep 12, 2006 9:11 am

Yes, I did the work. The keybed is cut from an old pine coffee table top thats been kicking around in my garage for 5 years because I thought I might have a use for it someday. Who would have thought it would be used for a church organ build!

The sides are 3/4" Oak plywood. I covered the exposed edges with a veneer tape.

The top (as well as the piano hinges) and the music stand are salvaged from the old Conn organ console.

There are some end pieces that I cut from the original Conn to finish off the keyboards. I'll post updated pictures when I am done.
Bob Collins

Return to General discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests