It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am

General Error

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

organsRgreat

Re: With all this high end technology

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 6:04 am

This puzzles me too. Replies from Martin can be remarkably quick - he once answered a query of mine ten minutes after I'd posted it. And it was a Sunday, AND he solved my problem! That must count as exceptional service - when my desktop PC went wrong recently (it wouldn't boot into Windows - most likely a problem with the BIOS settings) it happened on a Friday evening (of course) and I knew I'd have to wait until Tuesday to speak to the manufacturers (Monday was a Bank Holiday - of course!). There's a huge difference between waiting three days and a response time of ten minutes. With our technical experts responding so quickly and helpfully, it's annoying and puzzling that there are times when one can't access the forum at all.

As if to prove the point, when I went to post this comment I got
"General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
User 'dwywhmjb_hwforumuser' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 25) [1226]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists."

mdyde

Re: General Error

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 6:48 am

Hello Ed/organsRgreat,

[I've merged your new topic with the previous one, to try to avoid duplication.]

Our apologies for the inconvenience. It isn't something that myself or Francois would be able to fix, but the relevant people are aware of the problem, so no doubt it's in the queue. Thanks for your patience.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

engrssc

PostMon Jun 14, 2021 7:33 am

mdyde wrote:but the relevant people are aware of the problem, so no doubt it's in the queue.

For absolute, this isn't directed toward you, Martin. But these relevant people have been made known about this problem for over one year. This is an unacceptably long time. And assuming this issue is happening to you and Francois as well is costing MDA in lost productivity which should make this a high priority issue.

Rgds,
Ed

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 8:50 am

Dear all,

I do apologize for the ongoing issue (I personally have not seen any performance issues with the forum but I have read the errors others are sometimes receiving). We cannot fix this issue directly ourselves as it has todo with the host. However we have been working with them to get this resolved as a matter of priority. Today we will be trying one more update, if this does not fix the issue we will look at getting the forum on a different server as soon as possible.

Thank you!
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 9:41 am

The hosting service for the forum just informed us the SQL database has just now been updated to the latest version available. Please do let us know if any errors persist.

We are also working on updating phpBB (the forum software itself) to the latest version which will offer mobile friendly operation. Please stay tuned for this...
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

mnailor

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 9:48 am

Thank you for pursuing a solution. It's usually okay to wait a minute or two, but when the error happened when I submitted a post, it was too late to save a draft or copy my text to try later.

mdyde

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 10:00 am

Hello Mark,

My tip: when submitting a forum post, copying all of the typed text to the clipboard (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C on Windows) before clicking the 'Submit' button is always good insurance just in case it ever fails to submit for any reason. (I actually always do that with any website form/forum for good measure anyway.)
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

mnailor

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 11:09 am

Good idea, especially since I'm using one finger on a tablet.

engrssc

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 12:20 pm

I will look at this as a step in the right direction. I'm sure this has been a larger issue for me, given the number of posts that I have made. And I'm not trying to,compete with Martin's posts.

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

Still having General Error Problem

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 3:38 pm

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User 'dwywhmjb_hwforumuser' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 25) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.