It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 am

Articulating arms for monitors

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Neumie

Articulating arms for monitors

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 4:56 pm

For the time being, my practice instrument is a console Technics FA1. No jokes, please. :mrgreen: It's fully midi capable and would suffice for my beginning organ lessons - and obviously since I'm here on this forum, I want to use Hauptwerk instead of the 90's era Technics organ samples built in.

Most articulating arms for monitors that get used for Hauptwerk presume a little "table" to the left and right of the instrument to bolt down to or clip onto. With this Technics, it seems to me to be more practical to just bolt them right to the left and right sides of the instrument. I don't mind putting some bolt holes into the sides of the instrument.

Does anyone know of articulating arms that would bolt to the side of my instrument and still allow the monitors to face forward and inward Hauptwerk-style? It also needs to stay tightly in place so that when I touch the screens, the whole monitor doesn't move back.

Can anyone help?

magnaton

Re: Articulating arms for monitors

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 11:47 pm

Well if you don't mind putting holes in the console, what about the top? Here is a VESA mount that is flush with the vertical mounting bar. Notice it has a grommet mounting option. They also have a version with a 4" arm that might give you more options for mounting. The height and angle adjustments can all be tighten down securely to discourage any movements.

https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-Adjustable-Capacity-M001S-WALI/dp/B07MTS4H7P/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1

I'd consider mounting the screens in a portrait orientation, Then the lower part of the monitor can hang over the top edge of the console, pressing against it to reduce any movement or wiggle when pressing on the screen. The VESA mounts are great but the support is all from the center. It's a little unnerving (at least for me) to have it wobble a bit when pressing something close to the edge. Having it pressed against a key cheek, console bolster, etc. on any side of the monitor really shores it up naturally.

If you are limited on space, consider a portable LCD touch screen. Here is an example:
https://www.amazon.com/WIMAXIT-Portable-Multi-Interfaces-Upgraded-Extension/dp/B07YXP683D/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1

If you have the right computer hardware, especially a laptop, you'll just need a single USB-C cable that can provide power, data, and video! 8) A conventional TS monitor requires 3 connections. Be sure to examine the specs of your computer you plan to use for HW as not all USB-C port configuraytions can provide video.

Danny B.

organsRgreat

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 6:14 am

This type of arm makes possible just about any sort of adjustment:

https://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/lcdpmt-ta ... !!!network}!681266113085!

Try searching on “full motion double arm monitor mount”. I’m in the UK but similar arms should be available elsewhere.

Neumie

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 1:15 pm

magnaton wrote:Well if you don't mind putting holes in the console, what about the top? Here is a VESA mount that is flush with the vertical mounting bar. Notice it has a grommet mounting option. They also have a version with a 4" arm that might give you more options for mounting. The height and angle adjustments can all be tighten down securely to discourage any movements.

Hello Danny,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, mounting on top is an option, but it leaves the monitors high up and away from the player, so I'd have to lean way forward to touch the screens. Sort of like this organ:

I'm definitely looking for something more like this, where I can get right at it. In fact, that picture looks exactly like what I'm after. If I can figure out whose articulating arms these are, I'll have something.

Thanks again, Danny.

organsRgreat wrote:This type of arm makes possible just about any sort of adjustment:

https://cpc.farnell.com/pulse/lcdpmt-ta ... !!!network}!681266113085!

Try searching on “full motion double arm monitor mount”. I’m in the UK but similar arms should be available elsewhere.

Hello organsRgreat. Cool name, by the way.

Sad to say, apparently your URL can't open in the US. I even tried googling the company and the link won't open from google either.

-N

organsRgreat

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 3:36 pm

I've used "Print Screen" to save an image of the page, edited out any link to the seller, and uploaded the resulting image to Google Drive. Presumably the company doesn't export this item and has blocked links from abroad. My idea was just to show you a type of mount that might be useful; once you've seen it a search on "full motion double arm monitor mount" might find something similar. I hope you'll now be able to see it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oafd8f ... sp=sharing

Neumie

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 4:28 pm

organsRgreat wrote:I've used "Print Screen" to save an image of the page, edited out any link to the seller, and uploaded the resulting image to Google Drive. Presumably the company doesn't export this item and has blocked links from abroad. My idea was just to show you a type of mount that might be useful; once you've seen it a search on "full motion double arm monitor mount" might find something similar. I hope you'll now be able to see it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oafd8f ... sp=sharing

Thank you for putting that up for me, oRg. Well, jackpot ... that looks just like the picture above that I referred to as exactly what I'm looking for. If this was a US company, we'd have a done deal. But now I've got some search terms and I understand the kind of arms I'm looking for.

Super. Thank you. :D

Return to General discussion