It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:36 pm

What a great site, what great folks

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

cvmoreau

What a great site, what great folks

PostSun Apr 22, 2012 3:50 pm

In just the four months, or so, that I've been a member of this forum I've received instruction and advice of untold value from so many kind members. Today, however, I received a material object -- a beautiful AGO spec organ bench -- from Bob Glass. His gift was not only generous, but, in addition, he spent two hours on the road to meet me halfway between his home in Pennsylvania and mine in Virginia.

I'm very grateful to Bob and to so many other members (and the admins, as well!) for all that you've done for me. Each day I love the world of Hauptwerk more and more, and this forum and its people are the biggest reason why this is so.

-Chris

mrkniz

Re: What a great site, what great folks

PostMon Apr 23, 2012 7:13 am

Chris, this is the second time I've said AMEN to one of your posts. Shortly after I first wrote about the project on which I was about to embark, Doug S. from Massachusetts offered me an old Allen pedalboard. I just had to go up and get it. Even with travel expenses and having to midify it, I saved about $1,000.
On Christmas Eve, 2010, I was desperately trying to get the SWELL pedals to work (not so easy with Hauptwerk 3). I put out an SOS and Thomas from Texas, gave me a list of instructions. He saved the day!
I've personally met Bob Collins, Leo Christopherson, Clinton Knight, and Mark Fisher, and of course, Doug S.--great people, and I would like to meet more.

profeluisegarcia

Re: What a great site, what great folks

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 am

TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU.

Return to General discussion