It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:08 am

Custom configuration for a Rodgers 760

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

ArmandB

Custom configuration for a Rodgers 760

PostThu May 20, 2021 9:58 am

Can anyone help answer this question?

I have a Rodgers 760 MIDI converted draw knob console. Is there such a place where one can have a sample set configured to the existing stop list on this original instrument?

Or - does one have to obtain a large instrument sample set and - configure close approximations - from single sample sets to the existing stop list.

Thanks

ldeutsch

Re: Custom configuration for a Rodgers 760

PostThu May 20, 2021 10:37 am

The Rodgers 760 is a two-manual organ that has a fairly standard American Classic specification (Great, Swell, Pedal) with one exception. It has a Positive division that, if I remember correctly) is also playable from the Swell. The Positivities was meant to control two ranks of pipes, but you can use in Hauptwerk it since it generates MIDI signals.

It should be the case that you can obtain any three (or four) manual Hauptwerk sample set for a medium to large American Classic or British romantic organ and wire it up. You can assign a few stops from a Choir division to the Positive on your organ. I suggest using HW's Master Couplers to make your Positive a floating division that can couple to any manual and pedal. Also, download a MIDI monitor program and take a look at all your "extra" pistons (e.g. Flute them full, Main Chorus off...). Some of these might also generate MIDI stop signals and therefore can be used a stops or couplers in HW. You will likely have to make a few compromises and ignore a few HW stops - but this will get you up and running quickly.

You can then use the CODM capability to fully automize a sample set to your console. It is not too difficult. If you have any computer programming background, you should be able to use the CODM code fairly easily. HW comes with several good examples of CODM organs that you can use as examples.

There are also some HW sample set developers who can do this job for you - for a fee. Though I do this a lot for my own use, I am not looking for business myself.

Les

ArmandB

Re: Custom configuration for a Rodgers 760

PostThu May 20, 2021 1:54 pm

Thanks for your help,

Great advise. I have the Nagold - Weigle 4 manual organ sample from pipeloops and will probably use that sample to give it a try. It sounds like it would be the most economical way as opposed to send a developer the stop list from the 760. Some years ago I converted the instrument to MIDI using an ARTISAN system from Mark Anderson. I just recently enter the Hauptwerk world. Although the Artisan is a dedicated sound engine configured to the 760, most of the the samples cannot compare to the Hauptwerk samples. I am running the Hauptwerk with a dedicated 27” iMac w/ touch screen 32RAM - 3.5 TB storage. The perspective affords full sized stops and tabs.

Thanks again. I have much to learn yet with the Hauptwerk program.
Armand

Return to General discussion