It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:54 pm

General Error

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

IainStinson

Re: General Error

PostFri Dec 10, 2021 9:29 am

It’s a while since the problems with forum and is link to the database server have been mentioned.

It seems as the forum is getting a little more use again that the frequency of the General Error is getting higher.

Can we have an update please?

As an important part of helping each other with HW matters, it seems important that the problems with the forum are addressed.

Iain

1961TC4ME

PostWed Dec 29, 2021 11:16 am

Not to bring up one of Ed's old posts here, but I got this several times this morning. Same deal, different day.

Marc

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

User 'dwywhmjb_hwforumuser' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 25) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

evertjan

PostMon Jan 03, 2022 10:41 am

The error still exists.
Only the user ('dwywhmjb_hwforumuser' ) is removed from the error page.
Go further to solve this max-25-connections problem.

Theorbe

PostSat Jul 30, 2022 3:26 am

Yes, it's still happening and has been for YEARS now. I think it's a great shame that it will probably be left to Martin to respond rather than the "powers that be" who apparently can't be bothered to pay a bit extra for decent server capacity.

Really, what impression does this give about MDA as a company? Certainly not an impression of stability, reliability and caring about its users.

Andy

Theorbe

PostSat Jan 13, 2024 7:42 pm

I’ve just deleted all my other posts in protest and I won’t be making any further contributions on this forum.

larason2

PostSat Jan 13, 2024 10:17 pm

Well, I'm sorry to hear that. However, it is a difficult situation. The forum used to have a lot of problems, but then the company switched to another provider, yet problems continued. I think it's unlikely that switching to another provider or trying to make any changes is going to fix things. There's lots of other sites or small companies on the web that have problems with their site. However, if switching providers isn't going to fix things, then what will? Probably if they spent enough money, it would solve the problem, but how much money should they have to spend to get a web site without problems? What if they spent all that money and it's no better? It's a money pit, and if I were them, I would do the same. As it says, I've been on this website since 2016 and posted over 700 posts, and I come to look at it nearly every day. At least one in four times I try to log onto it, the problem listed above causes me to not be able to access the site. That means in the past year, it's prevented me from accessing it probably 70-100 times. Yet I'm still here! In my opinion it's small beans. Enjoy your Hauptwerk setup.
Previous

Return to General discussion