It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

Midi Encoder/Decoder Supplier - MidiBoutique

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

banders1a

Midi Encoder/Decoder Supplier - MidiBoutique

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 1:46 pm

Does anyone know if MidiBoutique is still in business? I'm looking to purchase quality MIDI encoder components and their products seem to be top-notch...but I get no response from them when trying to contact them through their website, etc. Any ideas? Thx much!!!

larason2

Re: Midi Encoder/Decoder Supplier - MidiBoutique

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 2:02 pm

They should still be in business, I ordered from them December of last year. Their technical support has not been as good since the previous owner died, however.

engrssc

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 2:23 pm

You might want to consider:

https://www.midi-hardware.com/index.php?typod=pozaue&section=products

Roman has excellent products and good support. Presently he has the same temporary supply issues as all Euro sources esp with recent floods and of course Covid. (Have you tried procuring most computer components at reasonable prices lately?. Like high end video cards?)

He ships very promptly via FedEx I ordered on a Monday and had the product one week later. One thing I esp like is the ease to make setup changes with a simple plug in numerical pad. His prices are very reasonable as well.

Rgds,
Ed

JRP

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 5:24 pm

I have ordered products from Midi Boutique recently and they shipped as expected. Also I had a support question which was answered within a couple of days. Have been using Midi Boutique gear for the last 5 years and found it to be very reliable.

Regards

John

banders1a

PostSat Aug 07, 2021 11:59 pm

Thanks all for your input....much appreciated!!! I'm thinking about trying midi-hardware.com if MidiBoutique does not get back with me soon. I'd hate to purchase without getting good support.

Again, thanks for the input/help!!!

engrssc

PostSun Aug 08, 2021 1:52 am

Regarding support for MIDI Hardware products, feel free to ask either here on the Forum or send me a PM. While I have no direct connection, I have personally used many of their MIDI products so I know them quite well. Plus over time, Roman has shared many "special" how-to-do-its that might not be so obvious. For what it's worth, I have also used MidiBoutique as well as MIDI products from otter suppliers:

BTW, that offer to help goes to anyone else as well. :)

Check out:
You can see his automated board assembly line. Great quality control. Roman is quite a clever guy who enjoys what he is doing. Likewise, he knows English very well as formerly, before he started his own company, he worked in the USA for many years. 8)
https://www.facebook.com/midihardware/community/?ref=page_internal

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

PostThu Aug 12, 2021 4:38 am

I stand corrected on one (above) point, i.e. Roman worked for a US owned company but in Europe not in the USA. Like to keep everything accurate here, sorry.

Rgds,
Ed

banders1a

PostSun Aug 15, 2021 9:57 pm

Ed,

Thank you so very much for your kind offer...I definitely will take you up on that offer :wink:

Bradford

Return to General discussion