It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:37 am

Hauptwerk VII

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

Jan Loosman

Re: Hauptwerk VII

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 3:05 pm

mdyde wrote:Thanks, Jan.

It is logged as an enhancement request. (In fact, I think you might have asked me for it previously.)

Hello Martin

You are right i did.
I was curious if others would support my request now we are discussing the new version?

Best regards Jan

mdyde

PostThu Nov 25, 2021 3:18 pm

Thanks, Jan.

A gently request: it would actually really help me if people could use the intended form ( viewforum.php?f=23 ) for submitting enhancements. They do all get read, considered properly, and reviewed for each new version that way, and they're all very much valued. I do of course appreciate that people have lots of excellent ideas and naturally want to discuss them with us, and when they they might be done, but raising (or re-raising) them here does mean I need to take additional time away from development, actually delaying the implementation of new features and versions. We have a huge number of enhancement requests, many of them very worthwhile, and indeed many urgent, but they can't all be done at once -- we can only pick a small number for each new version which can be implemented within the resources available. But, again, they are all very much appreciated. Many thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Romanos

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 6:27 pm

I also have inspirata, and it is indeed wonderful, but hw’s built-in reverb is excellent too since it is IR based.

abaymajr

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 9:05 pm

Jan Loosman wrote:It would be nice if Hauptwerk had basic vst host capabilities.
So you can use third party crossovers, roomcorrection, reverb (inspirata!!), and equalizer vsts within Hauptwerk without using Reaper or Cantabile.

Jan

I second that. It would be a truly real upgrade to be able to get rid of an (external) VST host. I think the latency could go down even more, which would be beneficial for use with room correction VST plugins.

Jcvtpo

Re: Hauptwerk VII -> wish for a new feature

PostThu Dec 02, 2021 9:20 am

I second this request. For the theatre organ sample sets, I would also suggest that this functionality include the ability to select a given trap as the metronome sound. It would be useful to select a cymbal or a snare drum as a "2 & 4" backbeat.

Mindenblues wrote:Hello all,

from my side there is a wish for a new functionality for Hauptwerk VII:

That is, to include a metronome feature inside Hauptwerk. It is so that maybe not only me, but also others, like to use a metronome from time to time for practising purposes.

Instead having an external one, it should be no rocket science to have that feature in Hauptwerk included.

Maybe to select between some different click sounds, to change volume and click rate and some clock types, that's all.
That would be really appreciated.

/BR Olaf

tomaszartur

PostMon Dec 06, 2021 5:13 pm

Hello all,

It would be great if one of manuals or even every single one had the Sostenuto button.
A friend of mine suggested and I actually love this idea of a virtual additional manual where we could add some stops from the existing manuals???
A metronome that would be great as well.

Best,
Tom

hans0166

PostThu Dec 16, 2021 5:21 am

What really would be a good thing, and reach out to customers, thats what i missed a lot from MDA since a few years.

First ; make it a update for V6, we paid quite some serious money in the not so far recent history.

Create a more easy to use version, with presets for the less techy users ( perhaps would also attrackt more people)
The current version is a disaster to use for me/them.
Hide under the hood what's not needed for the simple 2-4-6-8- channel users,make it presets
Repair bugs, no need for extra, more confusing, settings.

mnailor

PostThu Dec 16, 2021 9:53 am

hans0166,

Didn't bug fixes come out in the minor releases, not in the paid major updates which are for new features? What bugs remain unrepaired in 6.0.2 that you're referring to? Thanks.

MPiercey

PostThu Dec 16, 2021 10:13 am

Adding a couple stops on each manual(in HW, not in the developers odf - kind of like HW General Pistons) that access General Midi which will allow one to add things like a pan flute, trumpet, strings, harp, guitar, piano etc (anything in the general midi module) to any existing organ would be great.

Romanos

PostThu Dec 16, 2021 10:31 am

t would be great if one of manuals or even every single one had the Sostenuto button.

You know, a few weeks ago I was using my portable rig to accompany and direct a choir simultaneously. I really wished at the time I could have plugged in a piano sustain pedal to hold cadential chords so I could cut-off the choir with free hands. I played a theatre organ that had sostenuto and I found it incredibly useful even in a classical context, especially if you need to prep a piston poke or page turn. [For the record, I've just submitted this using the form linked above.]

JonnyMusic

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 8:10 pm

I have the monthly subscription model (with my own iLok account), so I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to have Hauptwerk VI updated to VII. Does it happen automatically with my subscription? Or would I need to manually download Hauptwerk VII and reapply my monthly subcription licence in order to activate and use VII?

Because I'm not sure how seamless it will carry over my settings and saved registration files.

mdyde

PostSat Jan 29, 2022 4:43 am

Hello Jonny,

Subscription licences are valid for all Hauptwerk versions from v5 onwards, so you don't need to do buy anything, or to do anything with respect to licensing or the iLok system -- your current subscription licence will work automatically with Hauptwerk v7.

You just need to download and install the v7 software from the main website (e.g. here: https://www.hauptwerk.com/win/ ).

The main download server has been very heavily loaded recently, so if you have problems downloading from it then please send an email to support [at] hauptwerk.com and Francois should be able to send you a download link from a different server.

The downloaded file's details should be as follows if the file has downloaded successfully:

Windows:
InstallHauptwerk_v7.0.0.136.exe
MD5 checksum: f96fc0ad4f74392e594d528df4231dc2
3.00 GB (3,229,062,512 bytes)

macOS:
InstallHauptwerk_v7.0.0.136.zip
MD5 checksum: bee6c282bf81464c1fa111bb162f6391
3.16 GB (3,396,476,577 bytes)

No settings, combinations, organs, or anything else should be lost if you run the v7 installer and just click through its screens, leaving all of the options at their defaults. (However, it's always good practice to use 'File | Backup ...' in your current version first, and save the resulting file somewhere safe, just in case of any unexpected problems.)
Best regards, Martin.

JonnyMusic

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:16 pm

mdyde wrote:Hello Jonny,

Subscription licences are valid for all Hauptwerk versions from v5 onwards, so you don't need to do buy anything, or to do anything with respect to licensing or the iLok system -- your current subscription licence will work automatically with Hauptwerk v7.

You just need to download and install the v7 software from the main website (e.g. here: https://www.hauptwerk.com/win/ ).

The main download server has been very heavily loaded recently, so if you have problems downloading from it then please send an email to support [at] hauptwerk.com and Francois should be able to send you a download link from a different server.

The downloaded file's details should be as follows if the file has downloaded successfully:

Windows:
InstallHauptwerk_v7.0.0.136.exe
MD5 checksum: f96fc0ad4f74392e594d528df4231dc2
3.00 GB (3,229,062,512 bytes)

macOS:
InstallHauptwerk_v7.0.0.136.zip
MD5 checksum: bee6c282bf81464c1fa111bb162f6391
3.16 GB (3,396,476,577 bytes)

No settings, combinations, organs, or anything else should be lost if you run the v7 installer and just click through its screens, leaving all of the options at their defaults. (However, it's always good practice to use 'File | Backup ...' in your current version first, and save the resulting file somewhere safe, just in case of any unexpected problems.)

It worked just as you said. Thanks. :D

Purator

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 3:50 am

Just a quick question. Are the pertual licenses backwards compatible? As in "I have a licence for VII on iLok, but I start V, and it sees the licence and works"? Or is it not?

mdyde

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 4:35 am

Hello Rico,

Thanks very much for the interest in upgrading.

Hauptwerk v6.0.2 (specifically) will accept a v7 licence as valid, so you could potentially keep v6.0.2 installed on a separate computer/partition from v7 [it's only possible to have one version of Hauptwerk installed at a time on any given operating system partition] and they would both be able to use the v7 licence [except that you would only be able to have one instance of Hauptwerk running at any given moment in time]. v5 won't accept a v7 licence as valid, though, so you wouldn't be able to use v5 once you'd upgraded to v7, I'm afraid.

However, I don't think you'll find any reason to keep using v5 -- it has no functional advantages over v7, and although v7.0.0 is fairly new a large number of people have been using it intensively by know and only one bug has been found in it, which is minor and very specific (relating to auto-detecting the rows of round buttons on Novation Launchpads: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20240#p151693 ).
Best regards, Martin.
PreviousNext

Return to General discussion