It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 am

People vs Robots and Computers: UNABLE TO BUY UPGRADE

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

castaway

People vs Robots and Computers: UNABLE TO BUY UPGRADE

PostTue May 10, 2022 6:13 pm

Hello -- Martin Dyde

Your enthusiastic devotion to Hautwerk over these many years has resulted in a marvelous software product. Unfortunately, your meticulousness attitude seems to be in sharp contrast with what has been happening in the marketing division of Hauptwerk.

I hope you will take a couple minutes of your valuable time, and with several key strokes, send this message to a site in Hauptwerk where people are in control and not the robots and computers.

Thank you!

I am trying to purchase an upgrade -- Hauptwerk Advanced 4 to 7 Perpetual.

The Hauptwerk computer continues to deny that I have an account.

When I request password help, the computer tells me it does not recognize my email address! (Yet the Hauptwerk computer happily sends messages about upgrades for Hauptwerk to my "unrecognized" email address. How is that possible?)

So I accessed the "Contact Us" web support site. I received a computer-generated return email saying Hauptwerk would respond in 24-48 hours.

And that was correct. The next day I got a second email. But it was just another copy of the same message but with a different typeface.

Three weeks have passed. Nothing. Absolute silence.

Hauptwerk's non-response is not from lack of information regarding my complaint. The email I sent Support contained documentation of my Hauptwerk 4 purchase, including invoice number, my name, street address, and email address. (All that information is still current.)

What makes this all the more frustrating is that this is a redux of the very same problem I faced when I tried to purchase Hauptwerk 5:

1) The computer did not recognize my email address;
2) I received only one computer-generated response despite contacting three different email addresses;
3) AND MOST OF ALL -- there was NO personal followup by Hauptwerk staff to solve the problem.

So I gave up. I never upgraded.

I would still like to upgrade.

mdyde

Re: People vs Robots and Computers: UNABLE TO BUY UPGRADE

PostWed May 11, 2022 3:50 am

Hello castaway,

Very sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with the website, and thanks very much for the intended upgrade purchase. I've asked Francois to contact you by email, so that he can help you directly with getting it resolved. Francois is very prompt, knowledgeable and helpful, but it might be a few hours before he can get back to you (e.g. due to the time-zone differences; he's in Canada).

If you haven't received an email from him in within 24 hours or so, please first check your email software's Spam folder, in case the email application over-zealously labelled it as a spam, and if it isn't there then please post a reply to this thread so that we know you didn't receive it, in case there's some kind of problem sending email to you. Thanks again.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

micdev

Site Admin

PostWed May 11, 2022 8:26 am

Good morning Sutter,

Sorry for the inconvenience. About your email to supportmit was received on April 26th at 5h40pm. I replied to you at 9h23pm. Check your spam folder to see if the email is there.

Here is the reply I sent you:
=========================================

Good evening,

Thanks for your interest for Hauptwerk 7.

I checked our database, and don't worry, I have your information in our internal/admin database. For our website you will need to simply create a new account.

Go to https://Hauptwerk.com/my-account and simply create an account (Username, email address and password). Once created you will be able to order Hauptwerk 7 Advanced Edition - https://www.hauptwerk.com/upgrade-advan ... perpetual/

Make sure to download the tutorial about upgrading from HW4 to HW7 - https://www.hauptwerk.com/download/327145/

Regards
=======================================================

While we have all your information in our Hauptwerk' activation and marketing databases, you do not an account in our website database. Simply register/create a new account at https://hauptwerk.com/my-account. You will then be able to order Hauptwerk 4 Advanced to Hauptwerk 7 license.

Make sure to download the tutorial about upgrading from HW4 to HW7 - https://www.hauptwerk.com/download/327145/

Don't hesitate to contact me at "support".
Best regards
François

Virtually sharing my enthusiasm and experience with you
Worldwide technical assistance, consultation and ready to play system.

http://www.HauptwerkConsultant.com

AND Hauptwerk Support Manager

organsRgreat

PostThu May 12, 2022 8:02 am

Just occasionally an email will completely fail to reach its recipient. It happened to me when I was planning a visit to relations, which involved three hours’ travelling in both directions. Fortunately we were conversing on Skype when I mentioned that email, and were able to make the necessary arrangements at the last minute. The same can happen to text messages to mobile phones. I find Facebook useful in that respect, because its Messenger system tells you when a message has been delivered, AND when the recipient has read it. It seems to me quite crazy that, with millions of emails circulating around the world, there’s often no way to be certain one has arrived safely. Some emails do ask for a “receipt” to indicate safe arrival, but even that system isn’t foolproof as the receipt can fail to get back to the originator! Partly for that reason I have two email addresses, with different providers, and often send important emails from both. So if an expected email fails to arrive, it’s worth checking whether yours arrived, and whether the recipient has replied. And yes, email systems will sometimes put a message in your Spam folder, or even in Trash, for no obvious reason.

castaway

PostThu May 12, 2022 11:49 am

Hello micdev -

I have checked my email account boxes labelled Junk, Trash. and In for the dates April 26, 27, & 28. All I find are the two computer-generated emails from Hauptwerk. Apparently the "human" generated email you sent from Hauptwerk at that time must have ended up in the "Cloud's" dead letter office, courtesy of my internet company.

As directed, I shall open another account.

Thanks!

/castaway

Return to General discussion