It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 am

When someone is willed my organ

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

hsmith98

When someone is willed my organ

PostWed Jun 08, 2022 5:11 pm

I'm not planning on dying anytime soon, but since my wife knows nothing about the organ and I have no friends who play it, I was wondering what information or equipment the person who inherits my Noorlander virtual pipe organ will need to be able to continue playing it. Thanks for your input. What process should they follow to get this right? Thanks HLS

mdyde

Re: When someone is willed my organ

PostThu Jun 09, 2022 3:41 am

Hello Henry,

For transferring all of your licences (Hauptwerk and sample sets) to another person, and assuming that you're using Hauptwerk v5+ (which uses the iLok system for licensing), your wife would need to know your iLok account name and password, and then she could log in to iLok License Manager on a computer (with your iLok dongle attached, if you have one) to transfer all of the licences to the iLok account of the person to whom they were being donated/sold. PACE charge a $25-$50 fee for that, and the process is described under "Your Licenses | How do I transfer licenses to another iLok account?" on their FAQ page: https://ilok.com/#!faq

Once the licences have been transferred, they would no longer be in the iLok dongle, so the hardware (organ console, computer, iLok dongle, etc.) could be donated/sold to anybody (whether the same as the recipient of the licences or not), without any additional steps needed.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion