It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 am

Vienna Jubilee Overture

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

ldeutsch

Vienna Jubilee Overture

PostThu Mar 23, 2023 2:50 pm

Everyone,

I have completed my tenth transcription of a major overture by Franz von Suppe, "Vienna Jubilee Overture." As always, I am making the sheet music available for free to the organ community. All I ask is that if you perform or record it, you let me know.

The sheet music can be found (with all my free sheet music) at

http://nightbloomingjazzmen.com/Les_Sheet_Music.html

There is a recording that I just did this morning posted on the same page. I recorded this using a custom sample set I created that matches the First Congregational Church of Los Angeles (FCCLA) chancel organ samples to my own four manual console.

This is the tenth von Suppe overture that I have transcribed and recorded. It might possibly by my last. When I started this project, I purchased a nice CD of the Vienna Philharmonic playing playing these overtures and conducted by Zubin Mehta. With the latest transcription, I have done all the tracks on this recording plus two more that I had to find elsewhere!

This transcription is not easy, but it actually has less pedal doubling than many of my other ones. It is full of fanfares, polkas, waltzes, and gallops - and is quite fun to play. Closing a concert with this (or any of the others) will pretty much gaurentee you an ovation.

Les

larason2

Re: Vienna Jubilee Overture

PostThu Mar 23, 2023 7:03 pm

Nice work! I'm not good enough to play it, but I can listen to it! Lots of fun, thanks!

Return to General discussion