It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:18 am

new monthly subscriptions?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

KarlKlar

new monthly subscriptions?

PostFri Mar 24, 2023 4:25 pm

Any word on when monthly subscriptions (either LITE or ADV) will again be available. ?

mdyde

Re: new monthly subscriptions?

PostSun Mar 26, 2023 4:50 am

Hello KarlKlar,

Our apologies for the problem. I understand that MDA's Web programmer is working on it, and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible, as a matter of high priority. Hopefully it won't be too much longer now. In the meantime, perpetual Advanced Edition licences can still be purchased.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

KarlKlar

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 8:53 am

Any further progress,? on making MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS (lite or adv) available again for purchase?
Maybe by April 1st ? :)

Thanks, KarlKlar

mdyde

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 9:06 am

Hello KarlKlar,

As soon as we get an update we'll let you know. Our apologies again for the inconvenience.
Best regards, Martin.

KarlKlar

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 10:36 am

Martin: thankyou for your reply, & efforts to resolve subscriptions.
Previously, François assisted me with establishing a 14-day trial, which worked fine. Perfectly, in fact.

But that has expired - while waiting for subscriptions to be fixed.
Any chance you can authorize another 14-day trial for me, ?? while awaiting availability of new subscriptions.?

All my hardware (DIYconsole) is in place, tested, functioning. But now silent, alas.
I have the iLok dongle, iLok account, HW account, forum account, etc. already in place.
And I will purchase ASAP when the product is available.

Thanks for any assistance.
Regards, Charles

mdyde

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 11:14 am

Thanks very much, Charles.

I'll ask Francois to contact you by email.
Best regards, Martin.

KarlKlar

PostMon Apr 17, 2023 9:44 am

Any progress,? on MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS (lite or adv) becoming available again? Or, is it possible these products are to be withdrawn from your product-line.? My plan was/is to try both SUBs of HW, -- before deciding whether LITE vs FULL suits my needs. Then purchase a PERPETUAL ..for my use ...er, ah... in perpetuity(ahem).

FEEDBACK FROM OTHER USERS WELCOMED! Please help me decide. Here is my situation:
Organ is not my primary instrument, rather it is clarinet, as one may guess. I am now retired. Whether that affords me more time on my life-clock -- or less, I do not know. I have basic hymn-level proficiency at the keyboard, and I am accustomed to reading multiple (3+) staves. Several years ago, I DIY'd a very functional 2m+AGOped "console," all put together from "scraps"-- but obeying AGO measurements - everything tested and working with prior version(s) of HW.
& iLock ok. Never had hardware problems, except I gave up trying to make the LAUNCHPAD work. I've enjoyed playing (around) with this set-up for years, on & off. BUT NOW I am more motivated, and wish to acquire a basic pedal proficiency for hymn playing. I've no access to any other organ/church. So for me, it's either Hauptwerk, or Nicht-Werk..

QUESTION FOR FOURM: Should I stop waiting for the SUBs, and purchase one of the PERPs? Which? Bearing in mind that upgrade paths appear limited. Useful suggestions, opinions, experience, will be much appreciated. Chas

mdyde

PostMon Apr 17, 2023 10:00 am

KarlKlar wrote:Any progress,? on MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTIONS (lite or adv) becoming available again? Or, is it possible these products are to be withdrawn from your product-line.? My plan was/is to try both SUBs of HW, -- before deciding whether LITE vs FULL suits my needs. Then purchase a PERPETUAL ..for my use ...er, ah... in perpetuity(ahem).

Hello Charles,

Our apologies for the continued delay. MDA definitely isn't discontinuing subscriptions, and is in the process of migrating the Hauptwerk website to a new server and platform, due to the previous hosting company having updated some software components that broke compatibility with various parts of the site (such as subscriptions and iLok integration). I heard from Brett on Friday that he expects it to be resolved soon (hopefully this week).

KarlKlar wrote:QUESTION FOR FOURM: Should I stop waiting for the SUBs, and purchase one of the PERPs? Which? Bearing in mind that upgrade paths appear limited.

For Advanced Edition perpetual licences, upgrades are always available to the next version when it's released. For example, the v6 -> v7 Advanced Edition perpetual upgrade was $99 ( https://www.hauptwerk.com/upgrade-advan ... perpetual/ ), as previously was the v5->v6 upgrade.

Hence if you do plan on using the Advanced edition anyway, and plan to upgrade regularly, then purchasing a perpertual licence ($599: https://www.hauptwerk.com/hauptwerk-adv ... perpetual/ ), and upgrading for subsequent versions can be a cost-effective option in the long/medium term.
Best regards, Martin.

KarlKlar

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 9:14 am

Martin,
Thank you for your reply, again.
RE: my observation on limited upgrade paths; it appears there is no path from Perpetual LITE7, to Perpetual ADV7.
If one finds LITE too limited, one could only purchase both products fully, in succession. Yes?
Nor, does it appear there is any upgrade path from either SUBSCRIPTION, to either of the PERPETUALs.
Though in this case, the cost of changing one's mind is less - say, after Subscribing for a month or two, and then choosing to purchase one of the PERPETUALs. This was, in fact, my plan. (And still is, pending . . . .Friday?)

I understand that your flagship product HW7Perp, receives MAJOR upgrade/updates periodically, at $99. ~ Yearly or Bi-yearly. And I assume minor fixes, bugs, are issued when needed. This is very reasonable, and customary, similar to Finale, for example:: $600 for the product, and 99 every (approx) 2yrs or so, for major new features, improvements.

A final clarification, please: the SUBscriptions, if re-subscribed monthly, ?will they be always up-to-date; i.e., the most recent release.? But, is this really so? Or rather, is the subscription "static" - i.e., if I subscribe to V7 (either Lite or ADV,) am stuck at ver7 forever, even if the company has advanced the product, & has matured to, say, HW ver 9 ??

Lastly, I understand full-well that on-going maintenance of a major software, with a substantial and demanding user-base, requires (financial) resources. I have no quarrel with that, I assure you. I MUCH prefer a complex product that is well maintained and improved, and I accept the cost. That has been my experience with Finale, and other software..

I know you are busy. But this topic as been viewed over 700 times, so there must be some other potential customers who are interested to understand how/when these issues will be resolved & clarified. I regard Hauptwerk as a superb product, and I tell everyone I know that it is the best. So I will wait. Patiently, but impatiently. Best regards. Charles

mdyde

PostWed Apr 19, 2023 9:31 am

Thanks again, Charles.

In answer to your questions:

KarlKlar wrote:RE: my observation on limited upgrade paths; it appears there is no path from Perpetual LITE7, to Perpetual ADV7.

Perpetual licences aren't available at all for the Lite Edition -- only for the Advanced. The Lite Edition is subscription-only.

KarlKlar wrote:If one finds LITE too limited, one could only purchase both products fully, in succession. Yes?

If you wanted to upgrade from a Lite Edition licence (subscription-only) to the Advanced Edition, you would simply cancel your subscription to the Lite Edition, and either buy a perpetual licence for the Advanced Edition, or start subscribing to the Advanced Edition.

KarlKlar wrote:Nor, does it appear there is any upgrade path from either SUBSCRIPTION, to either of the PERPETUALs.
Though in this case, the cost of changing one's mind is less - say, after Subscribing for a month or two, and then choosing to purchase one of the PERPETUALs. This was, in fact, my plan.

That's correct.

KarlKlar wrote:A final clarification, please: the SUBscriptions, if re-subscribed monthly, ?will they be always up-to-date; i.e., the most recent release.? But, is this really so? Or rather, is the subscription "static" - i.e., if I subscribe to V7 (either Lite or ADV,) am stuck at ver7 forever, even if the company has advanced the product, & has matured to, say, HW ver 9 ??

An active subscription is valid for all versions (including all upgrades), so if you subscribe when (say) v7 is current, then when v8, v9, etc. are subsequently released you will be able to use them straight away, without needing to pay anything extra (whilst your subscription is still active).

Thanks again and best regards.
Best regards, Martin.

KarlKlar

PostTue Jun 06, 2023 12:46 pm

Any new information or status. ??
Are new subscriptions just unavailable temporarily, or
are new subscription versions of HW going to be discontinued from your product line?

A more direct and/or less oblique response to my enquiry(ies) would be most appreciated.
I do not expect HW/Milan to specify or guarantee an explicit release date.
But I'd like to know whether I should expect to be waiting:
days,
weeks,
months, or
years.
... or never, for new subscriptions.

No ill will intended, I assure you. I'd like to be a customer.
But the only response/advice I've gotten from you so far, is to purchase the "perpetual."
So I'd like to know if this is, realistically, the only option that you intend to be offering.

Regards. Chas

mdyde

PostWed Jun 07, 2023 3:25 am

Hello Charles,

Our apologies again for the delay.

Brett (the owner of Milan Digital Audio) posted a status update about it recently here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20847

I spoke to him last night and he mentioned that the Web development company who are working on it have the replacement website very nearly ready, including its subscription functionality, so hopefully subscriptions should be available again very soon (with luck within about a week). It's an exceptionally high priority for MDA, not least since currently it's preventing some potential new customers from being able to use Hauptwerk.

The subscription functionality will be exactly as it was before; the Lite Edition will be subscription-only, and the Advanced Edition will be available as perpetual or subscription licences.

Thanks again for your patience.
Best regards, Martin.

mcharman15

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 8:19 am

Hello,

This is good news. as I am one of the customers waiting to subscribe, and will be doing so as soon as the functionality is available.

With thanks,

Mark

mdyde

PostSat Jun 10, 2023 8:44 am

Thanks very much, Mark. Much appreciated.
Best regards, Martin.

Return to General discussion