It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:26 pm

Curious what happened to the Hauptwerk site

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

damuehlbauer

Curious what happened to the Hauptwerk site

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 1:01 pm

I have to admit I haven't been here in a while, but the main Hauptwerk site home page seems to have disappeared. The starting page is now the 'Buy' page. What happened to the other pages? Just curious...
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

mdyde

Re: Curious what happened to the Hauptwerk site

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 1:22 pm

Hello David,

MDA is in the process of migrating the site to a new server and platform, due to the previous hosting company having updated some software components that broke compatibility with various parts of the site (such as iLok integration). I understand that it's expected to be resolved soon (hopefully next week).
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

murph

PostSat Apr 15, 2023 5:05 pm

Interesting. HW has no problem forcing users to upgrade to "safer" software, but goes shopping for web-hosts that allow it to use outdated models. EXPLAIN!

mdyde

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 3:50 am

Hello Murph,

I understand that the parts of the website that were previously broken by the server platform upgrade are being rewritten for the current (not outdated) platform used on MDA's new host/server.
Best regards, Martin.

mnailor

PostSun Apr 16, 2023 3:17 pm

murph wrote:Interesting. HW has no problem forcing users to upgrade to "safer" software, but goes shopping for web-hosts that allow it to use outdated models. EXPLAIN!

On contrebombarde.com, I counted 9 distinct users who uploaded pieces using Hauptwerk IV in the last 8 days. They don't seem to have been forced to upgrade, since they're still using a decade-old version successfully.

einer_von_weitem

PostMon Apr 17, 2023 3:08 am

mnailor wrote:
murph wrote:Interesting. HW has no problem forcing users to upgrade to "safer" software, but goes shopping for web-hosts that allow it to use outdated models. EXPLAIN!

On contrebombarde.com, I counted 9 distinct users who uploaded pieces using Hauptwerk IV in the last 8 days. They don't seem to have been forced to upgrade, since they're still using a decade-old version successfully.

I'm not one of those 9 HW IV faithfuls but I congratulate them. I too continue to use version 4 happily. MDA did try to force users to upgrade. Not always successfully, but pressure was certainly exerted.
My Hauptwerk recordings on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJu6YY ... XMA/videos

Romanos

PostSun May 14, 2023 8:09 pm

I find it pitiable that after all this time you’re still bitter about the fact that the software was updated from V4. I’ll grant that the rollout was clumsy at the time, but a little grace now… it’s been YEARS.

damuehlbauer

PostSun May 14, 2023 11:36 pm

Since this post has been hijacked by folks debating some totally unrelated topic, I am unfollowing my own post.

One of the things I hate about unmoderated discussion forums.
David Muehlbauer
Mesa, Arizona USA

Romanos

PostMon May 15, 2023 9:04 am

Three posts.

That's your threshold for "thread hijacking" that warrants moderation? Surely you have a thicker skin than that. (At least, I hope you do.) If not, how do you handle conversation in daily life?

mdyde

PostMon May 15, 2023 9:18 am

Anyway gentlemen, I think this is getting seriously off the original topic, so let's bring it to a close, please. Thanks. Regarding the original subject, Brett posted an update on the website status yesterday here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=20847
Best regards, Martin.

Return to General discussion