It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:07 pm

overall equalizer

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

marclabru

overall equalizer

PostSat Apr 29, 2023 3:34 pm

I would come with a request (I tried posting it under request but didn't work there).
I would really like an overall equalizer lige Sweelinq has. Every room and speaker need normally some adjustments. That would be very easy with an internal overall equalizer. For now I'm using an external Eq/mixer. With an internal my soundcard would be suficcient.

mdyde

Re: overall equalizer

PostSat Apr 29, 2023 4:10 pm

Hello marclabru,

Thanks very much for the suggestion. This topic viewtopic.php?f=23&t=12099 has a link to the website form which would normally be the recommended route for posting enhancement requests, but MDA's website is being migrated to a new server at the moment, and the form doesn't appear to be available currently.

Anyway, we do actually already have that one logged as an enhancement request (it was something we had hoped to include in v5.0 but there wasn't sufficient time), so I've added your notes to the enhancement request log for future reference.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

1961TC4ME

PostMon May 01, 2023 10:33 am

Great idea! I would second the request for an overall equalizer. That along with the voicing tools we now have to go after those individual stops a person desires to tweak, an equalizer would come in handy and help a person more shape the sound over a broader range.

Marc

cthart

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 1:32 am

A built-in equalizer would be fantastic! I have previously submitted a feature request for one.

I have two use cases already:

1. The living room where my home organ is standing is exactly the right size to cause standing waves in the 16' octave of the pedal with F-G-A being very boomy. I would like to be able to use an equalizer to halve the volume of the G and reduce by at least a third the volume of the F and the A. So it needs to work on a very narrow band here.

Right now I have to adjust the volumes of each individual stop that has pipes in this range, for all sample sets that I want to use. And it affects both speakers and headphone outputs while the headphones don't have the standing wave problem caused by the room.

Ideally the equalizer should be able to quickly be toggled depending on whether I want to use speaker or headphone output. But if necessary I will use alternate profiles for this.

2. In the small Church where we're currently looking to install Hauptwerk, we need to significantly boost the entire treble. This is also much easier to do with an equalizer versus going in to all the stops, though if necessary we will do that.

In summary, the really nice thing about an equalizer is it would apply to all sample sets, so it takes into consideration the listening environment (speakers, room).
And it needs to be fully parameterized, not just like an old HiFi equalizer with 10 sliders.

Thanks,

Colin

mdyde

PostThu Jun 01, 2023 3:26 am

Hello Colin,

Thanks for the additional thoughts, which I've added to the enhancement request for future reference.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion