It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 7:48 am

v.8 on two computers?

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

MarcFCheban

v.8 on two computers?

PostSat Sep 09, 2023 12:05 pm

I am a church organist. Would the v.8 license permit me to install v.8 on both on the computer at my church and also the one in my home, both controlling digital keyboards....?

mdyde

Re: v.8 on two computers?

PostSat Sep 09, 2023 12:28 pm

Hello Marc,

Thanks very much for the interest in upgrading.

MarcFCheban wrote:Would the v.8 license permit me to install v.8 on both on the computer at my church and also the one in my home, both controlling digital keyboards....?

Yes -- Hauptwerk licences aren't computer-specific or platform specific; you can keep Hauptwerk installed on as many computers as you like, provided that Hauptwerk is only actually running on one computer at any given time, with the iLok licence present on that computer.

If you were to put the Hauptwerk licence on an iLok dongle then, after exiting Hauptwerk on one computer, you could detach the dongle from that computer, attach it to your other computer, then launch Hauptwerk on that computer.

Alternatively, if you were to put the iLok licence in iLok Cloud then, after exiting Hauptwerk on one computer, you would need to close your iLok Cloud session (on the File menu in iLok License Manager) on the first computer before opening it on the second computer and launching Hauptwerk on that computer.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

MarcFCheban

PostSat Sep 09, 2023 1:50 pm

Martin, Thank you very much for the thoughtful and very quick reply. Best to you.

Marc Cheban

mdyde

PostSat Sep 09, 2023 3:03 pm

Thanks very much, Marc. You're very welcome.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion