It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:41 pm

Adjustable delay for pipes and divisions

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

vpo-organist

Adjustable delay for pipes and divisions

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 2:02 pm

Hello,
Is there an adjustable delay for single pipes and divisions in Hauptwerk or is the functionality planned for later?

mdyde

Re: Adjustable delay for pipes and divisions

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 2:33 pm

Hello Wolfgang,

It is indeed logged as an enhancement request, and I know quite a few people would appreciate that functionality, so hopefully it will be included in a future release (but I can't absolutely promise, or when that would be).

Note also that in Hauptwerk v5+ if the relevant rank is routed to a bus on the "General settings | Audio mixer" screen that has an impulse response reverb applied then you could adjust the delay via the bus's "Wet pre-delay (ms)" setting.

Jerry Martin created some free impulse response files that simply add delay (without actually adding reverb) here: https://forum.hauptwerk.com/viewtopic.p ... 69#p155268
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Organorak

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 4:09 pm

There's a 3 manual pneumatic action Gray and Davison organ near where I live. Each manual's action is at a different speed which makes playing trio sonatas or solo effects quite challenging as each hand and feet must play slightly out of sync to sound together. If it was ever sampled that's an authentic feature I'd disable immediately!

vpo-organist

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 4:34 pm

@Organorak
The point is to train in such difficult conditions.

I used to play an organ where you could always hear the notes that had already been played in sixteenth notes. In other words, I always played notes and heard the previous notes. That was a great challenge.

vpo-organist

PostThu Dec 21, 2023 4:42 pm

mdyde wrote:Note also that in Hauptwerk v5+ if the relevant rank is routed to a bus on the "General settings | Audio mixer" screen that has an impulse response reverb applied then you could adjust the delay via the bus's "Wet pre-delay (ms)" setting.

Yes, I know, I use this parameter. But without IR, it would be a great addition.

Thanks @jerrymartin for the IR's.

Return to General discussion