It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:32 am

Warning: macOS Sonoma 14.4 and widespread iLok issues

A discussion forum for anything even marginally Hauptwerk-related.
  • Author

mwdiers

Warning: macOS Sonoma 14.4 and widespread iLok issues

PostFri Mar 08, 2024 8:52 pm

macOS Sonoma 14.4 was just released, and a significant number of users are having issues loading iLok plugins in Logic Pro X, or any host that uses the OS's builtin auvtool. The problem seems to be hit or miss, but it only seems to affect Apple Silicon machines (though not all of them). On affected users, all iLok-protected AU plugins crash in Logic.

This may well not affect Hauptwerk, as the Bridge plugin does not rely on iLok. However, I thought I would mention it.

mdyde

Re: Warning: macOS Sonoma 14.4 and widespread iLok issues

PostSat Mar 09, 2024 5:09 am

Thanks, Martin.

PACE emailed us late last night to say that they're investigating with Apple, and that Apple is planning to fix it in an upcoming update (schedule unknown as yet). Based on their description, I think it probably wouldn't affect Hauptwerk, since, so far, they think it's specific to iLok-protected native-ARM AU plug-ins, and Hauptwerk's AU plug-in (the "Hauptwerk AU Plug-in Link") isn't itself iLok protected, and also it runs under Rosetta. Hence hopefully it won't affect us, but it may be advisable to wait until avoid installing macOS 14.4 anyway (and especially so if one uses any other AU plug-ins) until there is proper fix for it from Apple or a work-around from PACE.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to General discussion