It is currently Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:15 pm

Haverhill OIC clicking sound on great principal releases

Existing and forthcoming Hauptwerk instruments, recommendations, ...
  • Author

gingercat

Haverhill OIC clicking sound on great principal releases

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 11:01 am

I have just noticed that I get a clicking noise when the slow release samples are triggered for the great principal on middle D#, and (less so) on the tenor D#. Has anyone else noticed this? I have since changed my rank audio routing so the set has re-cached itself, but that didn't cure it. I may need to re-install the set if nobody else is seeing this problem?

Thanks,
Chris
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4
4 Manual Console, 32 R&C Pedalboard, 3xExpression, Solenoid coupler tabs

telemanr

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 pm

I have just tried the middle D# (and tenor) on the Open Diapason of the Great. I have it loaded in 24bit all releases. I do not hear any click on the release.
Rob Enns

David Butcher

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Hello all,

Yes there a couple of instances of this in the set. It's relatively minor but there none the less. I'll be offering a patch to correct this in the near future - certainly by the time the extended set is ready if not before.

Apologies for the problem.

David

gingercat

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 4:39 pm

telemanr wrote:I have just tried the middle D# (and tenor) on the Open Diapason of the Great.

It only happens (or I've only noticed it) on the Principal 4 for me.

David Butcher wrote:I'll be offering a patch to correct this in the near future

Thanks David - just wanted to check my samples hadn't somehow become corrupted during the install. The Haverhill is still my most used organ :)
Regards,
Chris Blaylock
i5 4670k, 32GB RAM, Win7, 2xELO 1280x1024 Touchscreens, Focusrite Saffire, MIDISport 4x4

telemanr

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 5:02 pm

just tried the D an octave above middle C with the Princ 4' on the Great. I do hear a little "ring" on release which I don't hear on other notes. Is this what we are talking about?
Rob Enns

gingercat

PostTue Mar 10, 2009 6:12 pm

telemanr wrote:just tried the D an octave above middle C with the Princ 4' on the Great. I do hear a little "ring" on release which I don't hear on other notes. Is this what we are talking about?

D# (Eb) above middle C (and an octave below to a lesser extent) and you may or may not hear a distinctive clicking noise on releasing a note that has been sustained for e.g. 1s
Regards,
Chris Blaylock

David Butcher

PostSun Mar 15, 2009 1:44 pm

Hello Chris,

Could I just check one thing with you please ... are you sure the clicking is on tenor and middle D# ? I find the problem on tenor and middle C# (plus a few other notes but not as noticeable) - for me, tenor and middle D# are fine.

The Haverhill is still my most used organ :)

Thanks !

just tried the D an octave above middle C with the Princ 4' on the Great. I do hear a little "ring" on release which I don't hear on other notes. Is this what we are talking about?

I think that is down to a resonance in the acoustic. It is a little bit different to the other releases and could do with a minor adjustment, so I'll include this note in the soon-to-be-available patch.

gingercat

PostSun Mar 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Hi David,

Just checked - sorry, yes it is the 2 C# notes (not D#).

Regards,
Chris.
Regards,
Chris Blaylock

David Butcher

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 7:59 am

Hello all,

I'm pleased to say that there is now an update patch available which deals with the problem of the clicks. My thanks to Chris and Matthias for their help in identifying the problem and my apologies once again for the inconvenience.

Although the clicks remain on the download evaluation version, I'm planning to replace this eventually with a version that will work with Hauptwerk when run in evaluation mode.

The patches can be found here ...

http://www.lavenderaudio.co.uk/oic/updates/

I think I'm correct in saying that applying these patches will cause all your organs to be re-cached (Brett or Martin please correct me if I'm wrong) which may take a little time to complete.

Lougheed

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 8:54 am

David -

Will I need to apply this patch to the version that is presently being shipped to me?

Thanks,

Lawrence

PS - I've upgraded my system to 10GB in anticipation!

David Butcher

PostSun Mar 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Hello Lawrence,

Yes ... I didn't want to delay the delivery of your DVDs by waiting until the patch was ready, so you will need to apply this patch. Probably quickest to do it as soon as you have installed the organ, before you load it for the first time.

10GB is 2GB more than I have ! You should be able to load the complete organ in 24 bit without compression with that amount of memory ...

pwhodges

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 3:25 am

Does this patch include the earlier 1.05, or do they both need to be applied?

Paul

gingercat

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 4:04 am

Thanks for the patch David
Regards,
Chris Blaylock

David Butcher

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 7:25 am

Hello Paul,

Does this patch include the earlier 1.05, or do they both need to be applied?

The patches include v1.05 for convenience, so only the latest patch needs to be applied to bring everything up to date.

rogbi200

Pedal 'cipher'? issue

PostTue Mar 24, 2009 5:28 am

I've just reloaded Haverhill OIC full set for the first time on the 64-bit OSX preview, with samples set to 24 bit with compression, and have noticed for the first time an odd issue.

With all stops cancelled, the pedal plays a flat (roughly a quarter tone, perhaps a little more, but my ears don't detect exact pitches in quarter tones!) very quiet sound, similar to a distant oboe sample, but only when Swell Octave, Swell Sub Octave, Swell to Great SubOctave are drawn (but not, strangely Swell to Great Octave). No other stops or couplers drawn (incl no Sw-Ped). This was not an issue with 16 bit.

I haven't installed the latest patch- wanted to check if this was a known or reproduceable issue before doing so. Can anyone else see if this is a problem for them please?
Next

Return to Hauptwerk instruments