It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

Fonts for Heel and Toe Marks

Playing or learning the organ, hints, tips and tricks, registrations, techniques, fingerings, ...
  • Author

ludu

Fonts for Heel and Toe Marks

PostSun Aug 11, 2019 10:11 am

Hello,

Reading my organ scores on PDF files, I mark combinations and expression levels on them. But sometimes, I’d like to add pedal marks too. I’m looking for a font for Windows allowing doing it. Do you know where I could find it? Thanks in advance.
Luc

itsabird

Re: Fonts for Heel and Toe Marks

PostSun Aug 11, 2019 11:02 am

The BACH font(s) used to work on windows xp, 7, vista. They're true-type fonts and might work on W10 as well. I thought it was a free font.
And, when downloading lilypond, you can use its Feta font. It's free GPL. Don't know if that suits your needs.
bert

RichardW

PostSun Aug 11, 2019 3:11 pm

If you are happy with these characters than you will already have them on a Windows machine: ˄ ○

˄ is Hex: 02C4 Dec: 708
○ is Hex: 25CB Dec: 9675

The best way to get them into your text depends on which application you are running. I used the Arial font, by the way. That has more characters than many other fonts.

If you search for the "Character Map" application you can display your fonts and you might find some characters you prefer. You could copy and paste from there but apps like Microsoft Word, for instance, have other ways to insert characters.

Regards,
Richard

ludu

PostMon Aug 12, 2019 5:55 am

Thanks for your posts. I don’t see heel and toe symbols in BACH font, and I prefer the heel drawn like a U. The best I found up to now is the SYMBOL font, using 0xC8 for the heel and 0xD9 for the toe.

Cordially,
Luc

Return to Performance practice